Two HD locals on 61.5 very low single

SarKen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
MA
I am having problem with two of my locals HD channels in the Providence, RI market. 5170 (10) and 5173(64) both on 61.5 transponder 13 spot beam 2. Even on a clear day the signal strength is around 18-20. Today it is raining and I get no signal. All the other channels I watch that are 61.5 seem to be ok including my other two HD locals that are on transponder 13. Last I looked they where getting a signal strength around 35-40 in the rain when transponder 13 is not getting any signal.

Just wondering if anyone else in the Providence market having the same problem.

Thanks,
Ken

It is possible the dish needs to be repointed to peak signal. It is also possible that there is some physical obstruction causing the issue, although that is less likely. You may need a tech visit unless you are confident about pointing the dish yourself, or have someone you know that is. A couple beers or dinner might be the cost in that regard. No beer before job complete though, or your dish might be crooked, LOL.

As of right now there are no issues reported in the area regarding those two channels. Signal strength seems to be the only suspect at this point.

Tony, thanks for the info!

I was thinking the dish needed a little adjusting but it seemed odd that I only have a problem with the two channels. I do have a concern about my setup maybe you can help. The end of the my story is (all done by Dish installers) that I have an old super dish with updated stuff (that is what the installer said) for EA. Will something like this work at 100%? I really do not want the same installer coming again because I had to inform him of EA and show him an unlink report why I was not getting BBC America. Funny I had to show him and now I have dropped my programing and can not get that channel.

Thanks,
Ken

Well I had a tech come today and he said that they must be working on something and would make a note that he could not fix my problem. I had no problems with the tech this time. When he first arrived and showed him that the problem was on only transponder 13 he said they are making a lot of changes on 61.5 and he was not sure he could fix the problem. But he still went out to the dish and did some testing just to make sure. He did all he could do.

Now I just hope that E* actually looks at the techs notes and makes some changes to fix the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts