two lnbs on dpp 500

tkorcal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Ok is it possible to put a second lnb, say a dp twin on my 500 dish? I currently have a dpp lnb and need to keep it.
I am trying to add a receiver with out buying a dpp 44 switch.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
ok, you have a Dish500 with a DPP twin, and you are wanting to know if you can put a Second twin lnb on the dish??? i have to say, this is the first time I have ever heard this question....
i've never done it, but i'd say with enough playing around with it, and figuring it out, it could be physically possible, probably not easy, but possible...
i'd bet someone here is gonna be able to tell you for sure if it's possible... hell, if i get time this weekend i might get a roll of ducktape out and try it....

tkorcal said:
Ok is it possible to put a second lnb, say a dp twin on my 500 dish? I currently have a dpp lnb and need to keep it.
I am trying to add a receiver with out buying a dpp 44 switch.
Thanks in advance.

Since this is dpp, can you use a seperator to a dual tuner receiver to free up one line?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If we know then we can help you out better. As far as getting a seperator that would allow him to run one line and seperate it at the receiver and he would still have one line left to either go to a single tuner receiver or another dual tuner receiver with another seperator. You must have the DPP lnb in order to use that. Some have added a DP lnbf to the side of a Dish500 to tune in another satellite location but that would be the only reason to do that.

If you had a DP twin lnbf then you could use a DP-34 switch to output it to four receivers/tuners but you cannot use a seperator with that like you could the more expensive DPP-44 switch. You can get a good used DP-34 switch for around $20-30. I have some available myself if you need any.

We may see a new lnbf soon that will have the DPP-44 switch built in. I am guessing that this is what the Dish1000+ will have unless they choose to continue requiring an external DPP-44 switch for that. The prices would probably come down after that point as there would be more available out there and they would be made in larger quantities.

I have two dual receivers now with one line going to each using seperators. I want to add one more 322 dual reciever which I can access with two lines thus thinking I could use the pro technology and avoid spending the money on a dpp 44 switch.

find another dish 500 that has been abandoned (they are everywhere), put it up & there you go.

I agree with tucksat, that is your cheapest way to go about it by getting another Dish500. I see several people do that (I do it myself). You cannot stick another lnbf on the dish to get another two outputs. Another option is to get the DP twin and two DP-34 switches but another dish would be cheaper. A legacy or DP Dish500 would work since you would just be running two wires to the receiver from the dish. Just make sure it is the twin lnbf or if it has two seperate lnbf's with sw-21 switches that they are dual lnbf's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts