Two Question: DP21 Test and Local Shops

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JKeats

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2005
I have two questions. After being without Dish locals for some time now, I'm ready to switch back. I have my old DP21 switches but no longer have the second dish I need for the locals in my area.

My first question is about testing the DP21's. They're pretty old and have been sitting in a box in my garage for some time. I'm wondering if there's a way I can test them BEFORE getting the other stuff I need so that if they're broken I can just pick up everything all at once?

My other question regarding my chances of purchasing the Dish and LNB from one of the local sat contractors here in town so I don't have to ebay the stuff. I'm fine paying the $60 that I'd normally pay to have Dish send someone out to my house to hook everything up, but it's a new house and if someones going to be drilling holes in anything, I want it to be me. I installed my current Dish setup myself so I have the ability to set things up myself anyway... plus I enjoy doing it. That said, what are the chances of me just buying a Dish (and arm and mast and LNB) from a local sat installation contractor so that I can install everything myself? Are they generally willing to do this, or am I going to have to ebay the stuff I need?

Thanks for the info!!

thanks for that link! sadly... i'm not on the list. :(

that said, testing of dp21's? purchasing of equipment locally?

thanks!

your really not gonna find a dealer willing to climb on their roof to test out your DP 21 switches.

My advice is to hook them up to a receiver and run a check switch. The receiver should reconize them as a DP21 even if you are not connected to a satellite.

As far as locals on a 2nd Dish, keep in mind Dish is moving all locals to a 1 Dish solution in the next few weeks, so a 2nd DISH really is not necessary!!!!!

are you sure it's ALL locals for EVERYONE?

i'm in white city oregon. medford is right next door and would be the locals i pick up (no difference). the 3 major cities would be medford, eugene, and portland.

i didn't see any one of these 3 cities listed on that url that miguel posted.

i'd be way stoked if i didn't need a second dish.

i'll do the check switches. i didn't think of that. thanks for the tip.

sorry for the double post but i just called dish and got some info. looks like you're right... starting this month i only need one dish to get my locals as well. way kewl. is there anyway for me to confirm this for certain (i tend to not trust CR's much) considering i wasn't listed in the list of cities posted by miguel?

the CR said that i'd need a special dish... a "Super Dish". from the info i've gathered here this does NOT mean the dish100 but instead the SD 105? i'll also need the dp twin LNB, the dp dual LNB, and a DP34 - correct?

thanks for the info!!

Last edited:
nevermind. called dish again. this time spoke with a tech support guy. i will NEED a second dish to get locals. the cr i spoke with last night must have been an idiot (big shocker there). anyway... my locals are on 148 and according to the tech, there's no plan to move them anytime soon.

so i'll be getting that second dish after all!

Last edited: