Two really annoying issues. HELP!

James Phelps

Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
I have a dual 722 receiver with the sling adapter installed and wireless USB stick. Our second TV is way back in the bedroom at the other side of the house and the remote will not reach the receiver. I want to know if there are any secrets to extend the remote control's range. Secondly, I'd like to use my iPad to control TV 2 using the Dish Network APP, but for some reason, i can only watch TV on the iPad, or control TV 1. Am I missing something?

You can make a "pigtail" to extend the remote antenna. This is a piece of coaxial cable that you connect to the antenna port on the receiver, and attach the UHF antenna to the end of that cable. There is also a remote antenna backfeed, which I will post a diagram of.

The Dish Network App (Dish Remote Access-DRA), will only control TV1 when you select the "view on TV" option, and the "watch on iPad" option takes over the TV2 feed

EDIT - Here is the link for the remote antenna backfeed

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/Images/Tech/remotes/RemoExtend1.jpg

I have the cable from my 722K's UHF remote receiving port plugged into a UHF antenna (Silver Sensor) pointed at the TV2 location.

I have the cable from my 722K's UHF remote receiving port plugged into a UHF antenna (Silver Sensor) pointed at the TV2 location.

+1!

I've done the same thing with both my 722 & 722K, only with cheapo dollar store antennas (about $5 ea.). Excellent results with both of 'em!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)