Two receivers one cable

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hello,
I currently have a dish 1000 and a dish 500 for the 61.5 location. I have a dp44 switch i believe. They have two cables combining into one and then a dp seperator at the end going into my 622 receiver. I was wonder if it's possible to add a second single tuner receiver to my setup without running another cable from the dish.

You CANNOT split a single satellite cable between two receivers. Put that theory out of your head.

There is no such beastie as a DP44. It is likely that you have a DPP44.

The "two cables combining into one" part of your story doesn't make any sense.

It is often easier if you tell us specifically (and accurately) what hardware you have and specifically what you want to accomplish. Your existing setup should support up to four receivers, each served by a single cable directly from what I'm assuming is a DPP44.

Some people think that because you can split the one cable to two tuners of one receiver that you can split it to two seperate receivers as well when you can't.

I have heard of people putting a splitter on the cable in the past and having one receiver or the other working or if one is tuned into one polarity of channels the other receiver would not be able to. I do not know what this would do to your receiver though and if it was only the legacy lnb's that I heard this working on. Best thing to do is to run another wire to the second tv or get a dual tuner receiver.

I think the two cables he's talking about are the two coming from the two dishes, they go to the dpp44 switch and then are split at the receiver with the separator. If that IS the case then he will need to run a coax from one of the unused OUTPUTS on the dpp44 switch.

I think the two cables he's talking about are the two coming from the two dishes, they go to the dpp44 switch and then are split at the receiver with the separator.
There should be FOUR cables coming from the dishes to the DPP44. One for each of 61.5W, 110W, 119W and 129W.

Let's agree not to use the words "split" or "splitters" in reference to the switch or separators. It will make the whole discussion a lot cleaner. A separator is not a splitter.

There should be FOUR cables coming from the dishes to the DPP44. One for each of 61.5W, 110W, 119W and 129W.

Let's agree not to use the words "split" or "splitters" in reference to the switch or separators. It will make the whole discussion a lot cleaner. A separator is not a splitter.

Personally I haven't used a D1000 with a dpp44 so you might be right....he didn't say what type of D1000 he had and since I use D1000.2s exclusively I defaulted to that thinking. The two coaxes into one was a confusing statement and I was try to make sense of it.

BTW, from now on I'll be SURE to use the word divided when referencing that action that takes place when one uses a separator from now on since splitter causes such angst.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts