type 1 super dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
does any one know the type 1 super dish with the fiberglass reflector and the large feed horn for the center lbn? what is the differences in the feed horns on the type 1 and 2? type 1 always reminded me of a starband system which gets superb reception when used for tv. there are so few type 1 out there for sale. will dish network ever go to a ku/ka band dish like dtv did?

first all, the one with the fibreglass reflector is a type 2 Superdish. The Lnbf arrays are not interchangeable except for the 110 lnbf and the lnb's. Type 1 is an all metal dish and is far better than the Type 2. Actually they have, at least in my area, gone back to using the 500 dish, our locals have been moved to the 110 satallite. We still use a few SD's for International channels and 1000's for HD. Do you know if you are using 105 or 121 for your locals?

:confused: i not only wanted it for dish net but for fta also! i thought the second sd was with the metal reflector? the one I'm thinking of has a true feed horn! unlike the white plastic caps on most lnbs. this is the part I'm questioning. it looks to me to be a better lnb. but whats the differences?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)