Tyson fight in HD only on 148?

Yeah Marc Lumpkin just replied to mine saying it was going to be on.

I wrote him back asking about the cost, channel number and what satellite the HD feed was coming off of.

Channel 455 is where the SD version of the fight will air.

My 811 is showing the fight on at 6Pm on 9428 and 9467, both HD-PPV. The price is $44.95. I didn't buy it. It's not worth it, for me, to hopefully see Tyson get his butt kicked.

Just got another noke from Lumpkin, it appears that the HD feed will only be available from the 148 satellite. I just wrote him back and asked for clarification.

Heres what he said
Yes, the HD channel of the fight is coming from 148.

Tyson

Scott, he used to be a boxer many years ago, before prison. Now he is just a circus act trying to get out of debt. After the fight make sure you guys switch over right away to catch "professional wrestling", it's even free.

So, is the HD PPV always only on 148? I was watching John Kerry sweat like a whore on dollar day last night on 9467 and I only have dishes pointing to 110, 119 and 61.5.

WJMorales said:
Correct if am wrong, but the HD PPV channel is not on 148?

There is a mirror HD-PPV on 148 on channel 9428. The HD-PPV on 110 is on channel 9467. My EPG still shows the fight on both at 6PM PDT.

I am just going on what I am being told by Echostar Spokesperson Marc Lumpkin.

I am not home so I can't look for myself.

I agree it should be on the HD PPV Channel

From a business standpoint, does that make any sense?

How many subs actually have a dish pointed at 148?

I understand that only a fraction of the total sub base will be ordering this fight, but still, the percentage of these subs who have a dish looking at 148 must be slim...

Scott, give Mark a piece of MY mind for me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)