U.P.Of mi

He was cryptic but he is speak of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.... I'm guessing Marquette....

Last edited:
Iron Mtn is North of Green Bay Wi and couple hundred miles west of the bridge. The Mackinaw Bridge connects Upper Peninsula to the Lower Peninsula of Mi

The market has a unactivated spot beam that supports your market. It is located on 61.5 However there is no information that I could find that confirms that your market will be in HD on Dish. The spot beam will support HD broadcast. So we have to wait and see.

Iron Mtn is North of Green Bay Wi and couple hundred miles west of the bridge. The Mackinaw Bridge connects Upper Peninsula to the Lower Peninsula of Mi

Worked with a couple of brothers from that area,Escanaba,Sault Ste Marie.They were always talking about Iron Mtn.Worked with a guy that was from Wisconsin,he questioned how in the world Mi.ended up with the UP instead of Wisconsin.:D

Marquette was mentioned to upload on 61.5 in May. Would seem strange when SD are on 129. It would require a wing dish or EA dish for HD.

Marquette was mentioned to upload on 61.5 in May. Would seem strange when SD are on 129. It would require a wing dish or EA dish for HD.

No in Traverse City the HD is on 61.5 with the SD on 110 The same is said for Detroit and Bay City. Dish simply gives you the EA

The CBS is the only one that falls into that category

WJMN is split fed from WFRV
WBMP is operated from Marks radio group Alpena
WLUC is operated out of Marquette soon to be Sinclair Broadcasting
WBUP is the same as WBMP
WNMU is Michigan Tech
WZMQ is operated out of Marquette

Worked with a couple of brothers from that area,Escanaba,Sault Ste Marie.They were always talking about Iron Mtn.Worked with a guy that was from Wisconsin,he questioned how in the world Mi.ended up with the UP instead of Wisconsin.:D
This post made me want to find out. Apparently they got the UP because, get this, Michigan and Ohio fought a "war" over Toledo.

Stop laughing, I can't continue until you stop.

Thanks. So anyway, as a compromise, Ohio got Toledo and Michigan got the UP, well, most of the rest of the UP. The eastern quarter was already part of Michigan.

Stop laughing, I can't continue until you stop.
What did you say after this? I still can't stop laughing....

...now, after reading the entire narrative on the Toledo War, I now understand why I've always hated Ohio more than I've hated Michigan in sports. ;)

Last edited:
WJMN is split fed from WFRV
WBMP is operated from Marks radio group Alpena
WLUC is operated out of Marquette soon to be Sinclair Broadcasting
WBUP is the same as WBMP
WNMU is Michigan Tech
WZMQ is operated out of Marquette

and other than CBS the rest have nothing to do with Green Bay (which is your original comment)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts