U-Verse improved??

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Man, I had U-Verse when it first came out...but now its a whole another thingy.....they might become the leader in HD, the amount of channels they have in HD is unreal, I feel like I am missing out a lot other than NFL Sunday Ticket....by not going back to AT&T U-Verse.

AT&T UVERSe has indeed gotten better, the HD is MUCH better however still a little worse then Dish or DirecTV, but they have a lot of HD channels.

The other issue is still you are limited to two HDTV's in your house. Something that would not work in mine since I have over 6 of them.

The Standard Def PQ was ALWAYS outstanding with UVERSE and I am sure it is now as well.

Ah ok, yeah, that may not work for me either.
But they are moving in the right direction.

I like UVerse, but the HD PQ is lacking, however, the PQ on the SD channels is phenomenal in my opinion.

I just hate that I can't find anything out about AT&T adding more channels like I can with Dish Network by being a pub member here.

I tried U-verse last week. The HD PQ was not acceptable to me. Also, the DD audio did not work and AT&T would not fix it.

Stay with Dish Network!

We did a side by side at out office comparing uvers direct dish and cable on 4 50" pioner plasmas all with the default setings

Hd pq #1 dish #2 direct #3 uvers #4 charter
Hd chanels #1 dish #2 direct #3 cable #4 uvers
Sd pq #1uvers #2 dish #3 &4 tie direct & cable
On demad #1 charter #2 uvers #3 direct #4 dish

Limitasions on uvers has left us to cancel the tv service as we culd not get all the tv's we needed and the speed loss on internet was at 60% when recording . Wee are keeping the internet at it works vs charter and is the same price as our curent dsl pkg with curent discounts

AT&T UVERSe has indeed gotten better, the HD is MUCH better however still a little worse then Dish or DirecTV, but they have a lot of HD channels.

The other issue is still you are limited to two HDTV's in your house. Something that would not work in mine since I have over 6 of them.

The Standard Def PQ was ALWAYS outstanding with UVERSE and I am sure it is now as well.

I'm the only one that cares about HD in my house that is not a real issue. I'm glad I dumped D* and switched to Uverse.:up

We did a side by side at out office comparing uvers direct dish and cable on 4 50" pioner plasmas all with the default setings

Hd pq #1 dish #2 direct #3 uvers #4 charter
Hd chanels #1 dish #2 direct #3 cable #4 uvers
Sd pq #1uvers #2 dish #3 &4 tie direct & cable
On demad #1 charter #2 uvers #3 direct #4 dish

Limitasions on uvers has left us to cancel the tv service as we culd not get all the tv's we needed and the speed loss on internet was at 60% when recording . Wee are keeping the internet at it works vs charter and is the same price as our curent dsl pkg with curent discounts

hd channels? you rated uverse last? how did you figure that? uverse has more hd channels than dish network does. uverse has all the available premium channels in hd and most of them are both east and west coast hd feeds, plus they have several sports and other national networks in hd, uverse should have been #1 by far when it comes to hd channel count.

hd channels? you rated uverse last? how did you figure that? uverse has more hd channels than dish network does. uverse has all the available premium channels in hd and most of them are both east and west coast hd feeds, plus they have several sports and other national networks in hd, uverse should have been #1 by far when it comes to hd channel count.

AGREED, The only one that should be in front would be VZ Fios. Uverse a #2 behind as they are the next channel leader when it comes to HD channel count.

Uhhh you have to turn on dd on the box in the audio menu.. Mine works fine here. HD PQ is good, unless its fast moving motion. Then the PQ declines quick!

The DD audio was turned on. The DD audio would drop out and then come back on, this happened more than 100 times each hour.

Unverse is awesome!

I've been with D* for 13 years! It is still an awesome choice for some. When Uverse was offered here I was bit skiddish mainly due to reviews here and else where. I have a ton of HD and a reliablity I couldn't count on with D*! I know I can't keep up to date on Uverse channels etc... I don't have to worry about TV! Anyways I hope everyone finds their TV Nirvana! :)

I dumped Uverse after a year, due to PQ issues, the 2 hd stream limitation, and the drop in Internet speeds when using 2 hd channels..
Went back to comcrap, and saved 40 bucks a month, got the 50-10 internet speeds, and better HD PQ, and have all 6 of my hd tv's hooked up and they can get HD signals at the same time!!

Uverse is ok for some folks, but it wasnt good enough for me...

I dumped Uverse after a year, due to PQ issues, the 2 hd stream limitation, and the drop in Internet speeds when using 2 hd channels..
Went back to comcrap, and saved 40 bucks a month, got the 50-10 internet speeds, and better HD PQ, and have all 6 of my hd tv's hooked up and they can get HD signals at the same time!!

Uverse is ok for some folks, but it wasnt good enough for me...

HD feeds is not a big deal with me. It is an awesome deal and much more reliable than satellite.

Have never had a blank screen during a storm with Uverse.Happened all the time with Dish even if it was raining 100 miles away.

I just got Uverse (my other option was a cable company-- ) I am very pleased with Uverse (I dont have HD here yet but the SD is amazing... way better than last year when I had Time Warner at my old place..) The guide is also very fast and a lot more smoother than the SA Digi box from Time Warner was.

Just got u-verse a week ago. Had dish but decided to try something else. I think the hd is pretty good. The only thing i dont care for is the slow remote responce. Everything else so far is just as good if not better than d and e.

Uverse not yet there...

Just got u-verse a week ago. Had dish but decided to try something else. I think the hd is pretty good. The only thing i dont care for is the slow remote responce. Everything else so far is just as good if not better than d and e.

I have Uverse and Dish. I could not say goodbye to Dish VIP722. Its much better then the cisco machines.

Plus the limited streams...Still cant make Uverse number one system in my household.

I do think the HD has improved drastically on Uverse. SD by far the best!
Love the VOD...

Strange thing happening lately. On Uverse my screen will sometimes go black then return to normal?

Lots of highlights but, to me, its still not better than Satelite...Not yet.

How's the uverse dvr compare with D*'s, just got uverse in my area and I'm thinking of switching from D* to uverse. It get's very irritating when it sprinkles out and I get searching for sat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)