U-verse internet and sling adapter--"Satellite Signal Lost"

TJPWX

Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
Mesquite
I just moved an ordered U-verse internet. When I start the Dish Remote Access (DRA) application on DishOnline.com or my ipad and try to watch a program it goes through the normal startup process... (ie. "Starting <receiver>..., Configuring <receiver>...")

...but then it says "Satellite signal lost" and I hear a hissing sound.

Is there any configuration with the 3700HGV-B or 3800HGV-B U-verse modem that would alleviate this problem? Does the problem exist elsewhere? Thanks for the help.

The problem will be at your receiver. What happens when you run a check switch test at your receiver (error message? both sat inputs "OK" on all sats?)? Menu-6-1-1-check switch-test

Sling takes over your second TV, so if one of the tuners on your receiver isn't getting signal, the signal loss message will show up.

Try resetting your receiver as well

When running the text I get the following message:

"Warning. The check switch test has found that you have fewer satellites than previously detected. Selecting save will result in a loss of channels. Press cancel to keep the original settings and return to the original menu. Only select save if you are sure that this new setting is correct and that you have removed channels or equipment."

We just moved houses where we had two satellite dishes. Dish mover came and install only one at our new house.

Given this, I assume it's okay to save the setting. Correct? I ask because I'm getting a lot of warning messages.

Select cancel on that message, and tell us what satellite numbers are showing above the green "OK's" on the screen. If you save, it will remove the satellites that you are not getting signal on, which may not be the correct thing to do. Also post your zip code for me

Satellite input 1 Port 1: 119 Port 2: 110 Port 3: 129

Satellite input 2 Port 1: 119 Port 2: 110 Port 3: 129

Zip: 75126

If you recently moved where you had multiple dishes you may need to do a new check switch and then select save. It doesn't always mean that there's a problem when fewer satellites are found. For instance, at your old house you may have had a dish pointing at 148 and not at the new house. Your technician would have installed all of the correct satellites that your programming requires. Go ahead and press save and tell us what it says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)