U-Verse Internet, Good?

isaacmorseMI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2009
Southwest Michigan
I am getting tired of constant outages with Comcast so I might give U-Verse a try. For those who have the internet service, is the speed consistent and the service reliable?

I am getting tired of constant outages with Comcast so I might give U-Verse a try. For those who have the internet service, is the speed consistent and the service reliable?

Outages from Comcast? I thought it's satellite that is supposed to have more trouble (because of rain). That is surprising. I'm sorry there has been this much trouble.

Outages from Comcast? I thought it's satellite that is supposed to have more trouble (because of rain). That is surprising. I'm sorry there has been this much trouble.

LMAO

Sorry your cable co suck it all depends on where you live. Some locations have new hard lines and gear and have great speed with almost zero outages. My Charter was crap on the far side of the city so bad that when we moved i ditched 20mbs when it was working for rock solid 5mbs DSL. Now every one in the house is online watching this or that i got it back up with a 100mbs service. Now that we are on the side where there service starts i have yet to see any issues and getting low 40's around 3pm and up to 130mbs after 11pm. More then what we need.

And for those who think only the rich get the best of service i do alot of work in Beverly Hills. DSL is 5mbs-768K for most homes. Cable co is 20mbs down 1.5 up . Cost for installs of that great cable internet is $200 to 5K to have it installed that i have seen in past jobs.

For u-verse its great not as bad as most cable co but max out at 28mbs if your near the vrad. If you do get tv,net,phone you can look at 10 mbps or less if watching 2 shows hd and recording others. But you should still get a good HD stream form netflix .

Tried to stream VUDU at 4.75-6Mbs Speed test 1-1.5Mbs. Was paying for 12Mbs. Complained. Seemed to be mostly corrected although during primetime it was sometimes under 4Mbs. a year later I moved Moved to 18Mbs. Last weekend tried to stream Cowboys and Aliens. Had to watch the last 20 minutes in 720p as the speed fell back to under 4Mbs. Service is fine, PM speed is P-poor.

Just expect problems with U-Verse if you want to do anything technically challenging, like enable bridge mode so your real router is on the outside, or have your own DHCP and want to turn it off in their box. Their routers are dumbed down to the point of unusable if you need anything that deviates from their standard "content consumption" setup.

Just expect problems with U-Verse if you want to do anything technically challenging, like enable bridge mode so your real router is on the outside, or have your own DHCP and want to turn it off in their box. Their routers are dumbed down to the point of unusable if you need anything that deviates from their standard "content consumption" setup.
You can always use your own modem, It's just an ADSL2+ modem they just call it u-verse to confuse poeple I had my ADSL2+ back in 2006 when they just came out and is been working pretty well, When AT&T switched from DSL to ADSL2+ I didn't have to do anything just my service got better, But now I dropped DSL and switched to cable.

You can always use your own modem, It's just an ADSL2+ modem they just call it u-verse to confuse poeple I had my ADSL2+ back in 2006 when they just came out and is been working pretty well, When AT&T switched from DSL to ADSL2+ I didn't have to do anything just my service got better, But now I dropped DSL and switched to cable.

Actually they call it U-Verse so it has name recognition with AT&T.

I am leaving U-Verse Internet, their prices are higher than ever before.
I am going to move to Charter, faster speed, half the price for 12 months and after the first 12 months the price is still cheaper than what I would be paying U-Verse.

U-Verse Internet had some outages in my area late at night often.
I am not happy with them right now.

I am leaving U-Verse Internet, their prices are higher than ever before.
I am going to move to Charter, faster speed, half the price for 12 months and after the first 12 months the price is still cheaper than what I would be paying U-Verse.

U-Verse Internet had some outages in my area late at night often.
I am not happy with them right now.
So you went for Charter Internet, did you have to sign up for cable tv also. Or did you get only internet. I heard it cost more if you only get internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)