U2 Hd Dvd

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
So, one of the free HD DVDs I got was the U2 Rattle and Hum disc. I always loved that album, so I said, why not get it for free.

And I must say, it is a great demo of the power of High Definition sound. It sounds great.

But while HD DVD is supposed to be the "look and sound of perfect," this 1988 film, which is grainy, and so far as I am in it, black and white, is a pretty disappointing demo of HD.

It makes you wonder what Paramount and Toshiba were thinking, in making it one of the free discs...

That said, it sure does sound good. :) (And U2 is amazing) :cool:

I think the song "Silver and Gold" may become my official audio demo for people checking out my HT. It feels like I am at the concert. :D

The Eagles Farewell Tour is my favorite... and we all hated it when it was on NBC...

OT, but Just got the new Eagles CD last week. annoyed I could not download it on itunes, and had to get it from Wallyworld.

My kid is sitting watching the U2 HD DVD; good to expose him to some good music.... :)

And since the wife is out, we are blasting the audio like at a concert. ;) :D

I should not have started this thread complaining about the picture.... this is an amazing HD DVD. :)

I think the house windows are rattling ;)

(my kid just turned the sound up even more! :D )

I'm still waiting for mine in the mail. I can't wait to see the brief "heartland" scene. Incredable song.

I hope they release the Zoo tour on HD-DVD.

I'm still waiting for mine in the mail. I can't wait to see the brief "heartland" scene. Incredable song.

I hope they release the Zoo tour on HD-DVD.

I watched about 3/4 of it; my son was into it, but wanted me to put in the Hulk, which I got for him.

I was so pleasantly surprised to have those discs arrive today.

I also got Rattle and Hum as one of my freebees just yesterday. My daughter is a big U2 fan, I was thinking of her when I ordered it. Can't wait to see/hear it, but that might take a few more days as I'm pretty much "booked up" until the weekend...

Just got mine with my five freebies. Can't wait to crank it up.

Speaking of other artist, I can't wait to see how the Led Zep - The Song Remains the Same is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)