U206 fixes found

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Found at least (2) things fixed, or at least improved, in U206:

1) Editing/saving OTA channel list now works properly.
2) Home media server - plays more MP4 files than previously. Not all play though and some only have audio (no video).

Signal strength screen no longer gets hung up when changing TPs.

Also Moca Data is finally accurate between Hoppers.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I found a new bug, I think. When swapping PIP, the info banner at the top is displayed, just like the old days on a 942 and 622. Before they fixed that bug.
I do think pup is working a bit more responsive.
So what's the bug?

So what's the bug?
The bug is when swapping between tuners. The top banner with channel info, description etc is shown. It worked that way a long time ago on my old receivers, and it changed and the software change description said that was removed as it was a bug.
I kinda like it the first time using PIP an one doesn't know what the second tuner is on, but it does become a bit of a bother when flipping back and forth.

Also noticed on the Joey that the time to display the DVR menu is improved substantially. It used to take (10) seconds (I timed it) and now takes 5-6 seconds. In addition, it no longer refreshes the entire menu when you go into a program's folder. That was really annoying....

Since the update my Joey is useless. It has become so slow accessing the dvr recordings. I don't care for the new ui . I thought I would get use to it but I think the old one is better.I am thinking of pulling out my old 622 again .

My market has a new OTA subchannel and I can't add it to the guide on U206. It shows up when I scan for channels. It is selected in the list, but it won't show in the guide. After the nightly reboot, the new channel no longer shows in the OTA list until I do a rescan, but it never does show in the guide.
This is a subchannel I'll never watch, but this bug is a showstopper for general release of CUI.

My market has a new OTA subchannel and I can't add it to the guide on U206. It shows up when I scan for channels. It is selected in the list, but it won't show in the guide. After the nightly reboot, the new channel no longer shows in the OTA list until I do a rescan, but it never does show in the guide.
This is a subchannel I'll never watch, but this bug is a showstopper for general release of CUI.
When you did the scan did you check the channel on the left side?

On the previous release, you had to add ALL scanned channels. No editing of the list worked. On U206, they fixed that. Like Bobby said, make sure it's "check marked" and remember to save your changes. I thought it checks them ALL by default, but I'm not 100% sure...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

On the previous release, you had to add ALL scanned channels. No editing of the list worked. On U206, they fixed that. Like Bobby said, make sure it's "check marked" and remember to save your changes. I thought it checks them ALL by default, but I'm not 100% sure...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
It doesn't check any at all on default but there is a button that allows you the option to check all.

Couldn't remember if it selected them all or selected none. I was thinking it selected them all because I always had to remove the same ones that I didn't want listed... Maybe pre-Carbon it did it that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)