U237: Received night before last...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fredp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Williston, Vermont
So my HWS got the latest update. Since I don't really have any issues with my setup I don't bother with checking anything. Just an FYI for anyone who cares..

Reactions: bspei
I received U237 on Sept 1st. I went to my EHD and tried to play a movie. It loaded without having to leave the EHD, but it took and extended amount of time, but better than having to exit the EHD and reenter the EHD again to get it to play. I tried several programs on both of my EHDs and all loaded on the first try, but were very slow to load. Anyone else with this problem, see this improvement?

Source Menu.jpg-1.jpg
What does the new graphic on the source icon represent?

But, when I go to the sources I still only see Source 1,2, & 3. I see no Ethernet and my EHDs are USB. So why the change in Logo. It has NO value.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What is the message center?
It allows Dish to send you a message. For example, the first message says that the Message Center has been added to your receiver. I suppose they could alert you to new channels, you're behind in your payments :), XYZ channel will be going away on a certain date....

Dish had message capabilities built in to the first-generation receivers but they never used it, allegedly because they didn't want to be flooded with people calling in to ask why the message light on their receiver was blinking...

It allows Dish to send you a message. For example, the first message says that the Message Center has been added to your receiver. I suppose they could alert you to new channels, you're behind in your payments :), XYZ channel will be going away on a certain date....

where do I find the message center?

Dish had message capabilities built in to the first-generation receivers but they never used it, allegedly because they didn't want to be flooded with people calling in to ask why the message light on their receiver was blinking...
To add to this, Directv had message capabilities built in to their receivers from the very beginning. It is about time Dish caught up to Directv technology from the 1990's. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)