U238

Yes, my guide data, my dvr logos and all my system settings including the channel logo at the top of the screen when you change channels is magnified to a huge setting. I have to page across on the dvr listing to see all my recordings. I get 1 1/2 hours of guide data and three and 1/2 program logos per page instead of the six that are on each row. Yes, I have reset the HWS, unpolugged the HWS to no avail. Dish, your 238 revision did this. Please fix it or I want a new HWS. It is not useable like this. When I turn the HWS off the moving logo is larger than the screen of my 63inch HDTV. I have checked the tv setting and everything else, its' the HWS. Plus the program picture is normal, its' just the Dish added info that is enlarged. Am I the only one with this problem?

Yes, my guide data, my dvr logos and all my system settings including the channel logo at the top of the screen when you change channels is magnified to a huge setting. I have to page across on the dvr listing to see all my recordings. I get 1 1/2 hours of guide data and three and 1/2 program logos per page instead of the six that are on each row. Yes, I have reset the HWS, unpolugged the HWS to no avail. Dish, your 238 revision did this. Please fix it or I want a new HWS. It is not useable like this. When I turn the HWS off the moving logo is larger than the screen of my 63inch HDTV. I have checked the tv setting and everything else, its' the HWS. Plus the program picture is normal, its' just the Dish added info that is enlarged. Am I the only one with this problem?
Press options twice or red button twice (depending on which remote) then select accessibility and make sure magnification is off

Press options twice or red button twice (depending on which remote) then select accessibility and make sure magnification is off

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. Somehow the Magnification got turned on, probably from the update. That worked and all is fine now. Why would anyone want to magnify the Dish logos or the guide?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. Somehow the Magnification got turned on, probably from the update. That worked and all is fine now. Why would anyone want to magnify the Dish logos or the guide?
Because they have sight impairments. This is our US government working with us, :coco they forced the requirement on all of the communications companies...

Yes it now allows for Alexa control on your Joeys. (Before it only worked on the Hoppers themselves)
Thanks Scott, but realistically, control really means only changing channels. I would like to see additional control such as: Alexa, turn hopper on/off. Alexa, show caller ID history, Alexa, turn closed caption on/off, to name just a few.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Thanks Scott, but realistically, control really means only changing channels. I would like to see additional control such as: Alexa, turn hopper on/off. Alexa, show caller ID history, Alexa, turn closed caption on/off, to name just a few.
Better yet, how about open guide and other guide functions.

Nope. Still skips timers constantly that should be recorded “Recording Skipped: already scheduled or recorded”. Dish tech support does nothing to help. Ridiculous.

Better yet, how about open guide and other guide functions.
Yeah, even with the noted expanded functions, they're all basically channel centric. The other functionality such as your guide suggestions and the ones I mentioned don't exist which gets me to wondering if there's some technical reason. I can't imagine any technical issues preventing Alexa from turning the Hopper on/off, especially since when it's off, it's not really off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts