U308 for Hopper 3 Available (3/19/16)

I've never had this problem before, and all was working fine last night, so I'm blaming U308: All 100+ timers are gone, and I'm unable to manually record a show from the guide, or one that's in progress. The new timer attempt gets me an error message that the "timer creation failed, please try back later." I tried restoring timers & settings from the remote (both the 52.0 and the now out-of-date 40.0), but the operation failed, even after looking like things were being restored. I've just done a pull-the-plug reboot, but still no timers. I was able to get the restore-from-remote to complete, however, and it even went thru the reboot so "configuration settings could be save." Still no timers, and no ability to create new ones.

Just thought to check PTAT, and it was set to OFF. I had to turn it back on, select all channels and all days, and change the length of time to keep them from two days to eight. Guess I'd better check to see what other settings were wiped. EDIT: Since PTAT wasn't showing up in the Timers, I looked back, and all my selections have been wiped. Re-selected, and still not showing up. Looks like H3 isn't saving ANY settings, and that's making it rather useless right now.

I'm really not happy right now. Anyone else experience this, and hopefully have a solution?

EDIT 2: Now the H3 seems to be doing random reboots. Can this get any worse?!?
Turn off Joeys and H3 overnight and all should return to normal. If you hit search button you will also notice only channels show up no programs.

Welcome to the club.

Dish says it could take 24 hours but I have not run into anyone who said it took that long (after they knew to power down).

I've never had this problem before, and all was working fine last night, so I'm blaming U308: All 100+ timers are gone, and I'm unable to manually record a show from the guide, or one that's in progress. The new timer attempt gets me an error message that the "timer creation failed, please try back later." I tried restoring timers & settings from the remote (both the 52.0 and the now out-of-date 40.0), but the operation failed, even after looking like things were being restored. I've just done a pull-the-plug reboot, but still no timers. I was able to get the restore-from-remote to complete, however, and it even went thru the reboot so "configuration settings could be save." Still no timers, and no ability to create new ones.

Just thought to check PTAT, and it was set to OFF. I had to turn it back on, select all channels and all days, and change the length of time to keep them from two days to eight. Guess I'd better check to see what other settings were wiped. EDIT: Since PTAT wasn't showing up in the Timers, I looked back, and all my selections have been wiped. Re-selected, and still not showing up. Looks like H3 isn't saving ANY settings, and that's making it rather useless right now.

I'm really not happy right now. Anyone else experience this, and hopefully have a solution?

Did this just happen today? Is sounds like a similar issue we had last week and it will usually fix it's self over night. If it does not correct itself. Please send me a PM with your Account# 4, digit pin#, R00, Boot Strap Version, and Software version.

Turn off Joeys and H3 overnight and all should return to normal. If you hit search button you will also notice only channels show up no programs.

Welcome to the club.

Dish says it could take 24 hours but I have not run into anyone who said it took that long (after they knew to power down).

Thanks - I'll definitely have everything powered off tonight and cross my fingers! Actually, when I hit Search, I do have programs listed in the 0-9 spots, and selecting one of them (The Big Bang Theory) gives me a list of times of upcoming episodes, but no channels are identified. Weird.

I know I've been lucky - this is the first time an update on any Dish receiver has gone so terribly wrong. I was hoping the powering down of the system earlier would restore things to normal, but now I'll just hope the overnight version does it.

This is one club I'd rather not be in!

Thanks - I'll definitely have everything powered off tonight and cross my fingers! Actually, when I hit Search, I do have programs listed in the 0-9 spots, and selecting one of them (The Big Bang Theory) gives me a list of times of upcoming episodes, but no channels are identified. Weird.

I know I've been lucky - this is the first time an update on any Dish receiver has gone so terribly wrong. I was hoping the powering down of the system earlier would restore things to normal, but now I'll just hope the overnight version does it.

This is one club I'd rather not be in!
Uh oh....may be different bug. Good luck. (It will still probably clear up).

I'm starting a new club if you're interested. It the dead power supply club. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
do you guys and gals think that the netlfix app will be fixed so you folks who have faster internet speeds than me can get ultra4khd on the netflix app.

Did this just happen today? Is sounds like a similar issue we had last week and it will usually fix it's self over night. If it does not correct itself. Please send me a PM with your Account# 4, digit pin#, R00, Boot Strap Version, and Software version.

Thanks for the reply, AbeK! Yes, everything was fine yesterday with U307, and a mess today with U308. I just PMed the info to you, in case there's anything to be done today. If I could even make changes that would stay saved, that would be a big help. I guess a hit to the receiver wouldn't do anything for this problem, huh? I don't really know what that accomplishes - I just know it fixed my NBA/NCAA blackout problems last week, so thought I'd ask! :biggrin

OK, this made me MAD! I have 60+ timers set since I got the H3. A lot of them are seek timers. They all worked beautifully, EXCEPT my Formula One Racing timer. I checked and it showed scheduled to be recorded last night by Living Room 1 with the red icon that goes with it. It was supposed to record the Australian GP Qualifying. Guess what? IT DIDN'T!
So I went through the list of skipped events and it showed as skipped because "NOT A NEW EPISODE"! BULL!
So, I sit here this afternoon to watch it and I can't! WTF?

I deleted that timer and did it old school by going in the guide to the event and hit Record New Series. I sure hope that this works, or this thing is going back home.
This was the first time that machine disappointed me to the core!

OK, this made me MAD! I have 60+ timers set since I got the H3. A lot of them are seek timers. They all worked beautifully, EXCEPT my Formula One Racing timer. I checked and it showed scheduled to be recorded last night by Living Room 1 with the red icon that goes with it. It was supposed to record the Australian GP Qualifying. Guess what? IT DIDN'T!
So I went through the list of skipped events and it showed as skipped because "NOT A NEW EPISODE"! BULL!
So, I sit here this afternoon to watch it and I can't! WTF?

I deleted that timer and did it old school by going in the guide to the event and hit Record New Series. I sure hope that this works, or this thing is going back home.
This was the first time that machine disappointed me to the core!
So far I've not had but one issue with a recording or series link with the H3. Got the error 4 on the Daily Show for Thursday night.

I have had a bunch of issues with the Hopper 3. I haven't been able to get sports bar mode to work. The TV goes blank and then changes input to a blank screen. I have never had the
4k on netflix working.... I am running my HDMI from the hopper 3 to my Onkyo receiver to my TV...maybe their is some sort of switching error their...I can get the regular PIP to work
though....

Cant you just restore the timers from your remote backup. You did do a Hopper backup to the remote right?

Cant you just restore the timers from your remote backup. You did do a Hopper backup to the remote right?

Thanks, but I mentioned that I'd tried that with two remotes. One attempt failed, the other appeared to save the configuration changes, but didn't. BTW, love your avatar - I used that same one for one of my library OPAC icons.

UPDATE:
Don't know what changed, or why I even thought to check yet again, but everything now appears to be back to normal! All timers are there, I can create new ones, and the PTAT settings are as they used to be.

And order has been restored to my little world - guess I'm back in favor with the satellite gods! Many thanks to all who offered help and suggestions.

(Maybe we should have started a thread just for problems) Since U308 arrived, I've noticed 2 new issues: First, whenever I fast-forward or skip-ahead in a recording, the receiver changes channels. Not every time, but most of the time. Then (since U307) "recall" does absolutely nothing, so I have to go back to my DVR, find what I was watching (assuming I remember LOL) and resume from there. Secondly, from the "TV Activity" option, selecting any currently recording program and trying to "stop recording" has no effect. I have to go to the DVR view and stop the recording from there. So much for progress :(

Thanks, but I mentioned that I'd tried that with two remotes. One attempt failed, the other appeared to save the configuration changes, but didn't. BTW, love your avatar - I used that same one for one of my library OPAC icons.

UPDATE:
Don't know what changed, or why I even thought to check yet again, but everything now appears to be back to normal! All timers are there, I can create new ones, and the PTAT settings are as they used to be.

And order has been restored to my little world - guess I'm back in favor with the satellite gods! Many thanks to all who offered help and suggestions.
Sounds like operator error! That is probably halftheproblems in general if you ask me. Lots of new stuff everyone has to learn and figure out...

Anyone try Autoplay lately? It used to work fine and would play the shows in the order that I selected them. Now it just wants to play them in alphabetical order regardless of what I selected.

Sounds like operator error! That is probably halftheproblems in general if you ask me. Lots of new stuff everyone has to learn and figure out...

Even tho' you don't know me and have absolutely NO idea of my level of technical expertise or proficiency with my H3, I'm choosing not to take offense with that clueless observation. If 100+ timers that 1) were there, then 2) weren't there, then 3) were there again indicates "operator error" to you, then so be it. But, In the future, you might think about keeping such totally unhelpful comments to yourself. ;)

And that's my last comment on this problem! All timers and other settings are still here this morning, so I'm considering the problem resolved.

Reactions: Hall
I have read some cannot use MulitView (Sportsbar Mode) with U308. I have tried it a couple of times and have no trouble what so ever. I have tried it while viewing a recording on my DVR, having an OTA channel playing and changing channels and have no issues.

I was playing with Sports Bar mode and when I closed the option, I got a blank screen but Info button and Back brought the screen up.

I am using sports bar again. It is working fine until you want to leave it. If I use the back button I get a blank screen. After a reboot I try it again and it works fine. To leave this time I select one of the 4 to see full screen . Then it is ok. At some point it would be great to have a users manual. The H3 UI is too complicated to be learn as you go. I then tried leaving multiview by using the option button and shutting off PIP. That worked and gave me the multiview screen that was highlighted. I then tried to use PIP to get side by side and the 1st 2 times I tried I got large . On the 3rd try I got side by side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)