U313 for Hopper 3 is now released

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
good morning my friends i just woke up and i checked on my hopper 3 there is a new software update on the hopper 3 the guide is changed again the ota problem is fixed on the guide ota is colored yellow apps is red.there could be other changes with the software unless someone else could check what is going on with software i got mine this morning @ 1:15 am.

thanks

Allen bluegras Culver
Illinois

Or the OTA picture/sound breakup issue?

Edit: my H3 & 4K Joey are updated and it's as bad as before.. :(

Last edited:
i hope they fixed the "play to end" issue under home media on the joey and hopper... have to wait til tomorrow to check... can anyone confirm if they fixed this issue? (play to end doesnt work)

When powering on, you now have 3 options: power on to last channel tuned to, smart power on (don't know what that is), power on to Home screen.

"Smart Power On" has existed for more than a year in the Hopper w/sling and possibly earlier hoppers. The feature disappeared when Dish started using the Cabon U/I. It analyzes your viewing patterns and on receiver power-on, it uses the channel/time viewing data to auto-tune to the channel it calculates you usually watch at that time and day of the week.

When powering on, you now have 3 options: power on to last channel tuned to, smart power on (don't know what that is), power on to Home screen.

The "smart" option is the "feature" they added a while back where the Hopper tries to learn your viewing habits and automatically choose the channel it thinks you'll want when you turn it on. I'm glad to have the old option back to just tune to the last channel viewed!

My guess is the smart option is the way they messed it up last time. Tuning to what they thought you most often watched instead of what you were watching when you turned it off.
Many of complaints from that if you recall.

The "smart" option is the "feature" they added a while back where the Hopper tries to learn your viewing habits and automatically choose the channel it thinks you'll want when you turn it on. I'm glad to have the old option back to just tune to the last channel viewed!
Where is that setting in the HWS? I am still on the old software.

I got the U313 this morning and had one spontaneous reboot about 1 PM EDT. I hope it was a random happening, not the start of an old s/w trend.

Not OTA channel.

I got the U313 this morning and had one spontaneous reboot about 1 PM EDT. I hope it was a random happening, not the start of an old s/w trend.

Not OTA channel.
I got a random reboot last night at 9:15 ish, but it was on the old software. Not sure what happened. Hopefully I have 313 today and hopefully it fixed the more than 5 folder issue.