U313 for Hopper 3 is now released

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree with others here. It was a stupid move to remove the black theme and also the episode sort is totally stupid. Thanks Dish for changes we didn't ask for and that don't make sense. Another job well done.

Yesterday I created two folders (temp and racing) over the old limit. I moved some recordings into the temp folder. I edited some timers to place the recordings in the racing folder. This morning I checked and the racing folder has disappeared. The temp is still there. I checked my timers I had edited yesterday and they still show the racing folder. When I go to Manage Folders the racing folder shows up. Could it be since the racing folder was empty it won't show up when I look at the DVR list and will show up when one of my timers start? I'll find out this afternoon.
I kinda recall reading that. Hope you can confirm it...

I have a folder for my stuff, "Grandpa", and when it is empty, it does not show up.

I've had that problem since I installed my Hopper 3 in February. I've mentioned it here on this site at least once. But when you record something to that folder it shows right back up. Also if you create a timer and go into and edit the timer the folder will show up in the edit screen.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Thats not a problem. An empty folder doesn't need to be shown. Thats my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Reactions: md_paul
When powering on, you now have 3 options: power on to last channel tuned to, smart power on (don't know what that is), power on to Home screen.
supposedly "smart channel" keeps track of your "viewing patterns" and recordings.... it will set the power-on channel based on it's best-guess.

Unfortunately, the folder count issue is still there. It's the bug where a folder shows that there are more recordings in it than there actually are. For example, I have a folder that says there are 3 recordings in it. When I go into the folder, there are only 2. I back out, and the folder count correctly goes to 2. However, if I exit out of the DVR screen and go back in, the count is back up to 3. It was suggested that I delete the folder and the timers that were created directing recordings into this folder and then recreate both the folder and the timers. I did both, but the problem still exists.

Unfortunately, the folder count issue is still there. It's the bug where a folder shows that there are more recordings in it than there actually are. For example, I have a folder that says there are 3 recordings in it. When I go into the folder, there are only 2. I back out, and the folder count correctly goes to 2. However, if I exit out of the DVR screen and go back in, the count is back up to 3. It was suggested that I delete the folder and the timers that were created directing recordings into this folder and then recreate both the folder and the timers. I did both, but the problem still exists.
Same for me. I had deleted my timers and the folders, then created a folder and set the timers to go to that folder. Folder count started showing wrong number of programs as stated above. Wish this was fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Same for me. I had deleted my timers and the folders, then created a folder and set the timers to go to that folder. Folder count started showing wrong number of programs as stated above. Wish this was fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app
The problem is caused by PTAT when you "save" a PTAT recording it continues to be "counted" until it times out after 2 to 8 days depending on your settings.
Just turn off PTAT you really don't need it with 16 tuners.

The problem is caused by PTAT when you "save" a PTAT recording it continues to be "counted" until it times out after 2 to 8 days depending on your settings.
Just turn off PTAT you really don't need it with 16 tuners.

It's not a matter of tuners at all as all the locals record using 1 tuner whether PTAT is on or off.

What is nice about PTAT is the ability to automatically skip commercials of course, but also the ability to go back and watch a show that you didn't have a timer set for. IMHO having all of the big 4 network shows available for 8 days is a very nice and useful feature.

It's not a matter of tuners at all as all the locals record using 1 tuner whether PTAT is on or off.

What is nice about PTAT is the ability to automatically skip commercials of course, but also the ability to go back and watch a show that you didn't have a timer set for. IMHO having all of the big 4 network shows available for 8 days is a very nice and useful feature.
I have timers for all the shows I watch, If I don't have a timer its not a show I watch. I set PTAT to record Saturday on CBS (nothing to save on Saturdays) so I get autohop when available

I have timers for all the shows I watch, If I don't have a timer its not a show I watch. I set PTAT to record Saturday on CBS (nothing to save on Saturdays) so I get autohop when available

My 10 year old has come home more than once saying 'Daddy we missed a great show last night that everybody at school is talking about...' and I say 'no we didn't' and I play it for her out of PTAT. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)