U331 - can't delete all OTA channels - any thoughts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DCUNY

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2016
Rochester, NY
Hello,
New H3 install. I have an OTA dongle from when I had the HWS, and I had scanned in and set up the OTA channels on the new H3.
For some reason my OTA signal levels on the H3 aren't very good, and I don't have time to figure out why for a few weeks. But the family is very frustrated when they end up on one of the OTA channels and I'm trying to delete them using the OTA button in the settings menu.

I tried select all, then delete, but nothing was deleted.

I then tried deleting them one at a time. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. When it workd, I lost the picture and sound for about 2 seconds while it was updating.

I'm down to one left that I want to delete, but no matter what I do I can't get rid of it.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Is there a bug reporting process for these types of issues?

Thanks in advance

Why not just unplug the OTA module ? I would think that would force the channel or channels to disappear from the guide.

Thanks for the ideas so far. I think if I unplug the dongle it reboots the box, so I might try taking the antenna off first and see if that does it.

Thanks again

You do want to do a scan after disconnecting the antenna. If you don't the channels will still be there and, if you select one of those channels, you will get a searching screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)