U331 Software Release for the hopper 3 dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
mine problem is when you try to add the youtube app into the guide after a while it disappears from the guide and you have to do it over and over again.
I am guessing that you are trying to add it into a Favorite, Allen. I'm not sure why it might not stay stay there but I have have to ask why you want it there. You know very well it is on channel 371. It is also there when you press the Apps or Menu buttons. It is, after all, an App, not a channel.

U331 has done away with the 'Smart Channel' feature under the 'Power On' settings. Now it only has 'last channel viewed' and 'Show Home Screen'. In case anyone forgot, 'Smart Channel' is the Hopper's feature where it would learn your most viewed channels at certain times of day and would be on that particular channel when you turn your Hopper back on. Many customers must have complained about it to make Dish take it off.

U331 has done away with the 'Smart Channel' feature under the 'Power On' settings. Now it only has 'last channel viewed' and 'Show Home Screen'. In case anyone forgot, 'Smart Channel' is the Hopper's feature where it would learn your most viewed channels at certain times of day and would be on that particular channel when you turn your Hopper back on. Many customers must have complained about it to make Dish take it off.
I suspect they are only disabling it currently. There's no reason to get rid of entirely just because some people didn't like. I'd bet some liked it (I have no preference). I think the issue it's it had too many glitches and could be unreliable for some.

It's removed from the latest s/w (just released a few days ago) on the Hopper w/Sling as well.

It sure seems like they waste time and resources on some questionable features. They don't even have a working resume for shows that are recording but play with a feature like mentioned above.

It's a couple of days since the upgrade and OTA reception is still rock-solid! YAY!!!!!! This will change the way I use my 4K Joey as I won't need to switch to the Sony's tuner for Local TV watching. Last night, I watched "SNL" via the Hopper 3 OTA module and watching on the 4K Joey with ZERO problems (not counting local political attack ads).

I have also noted the combo of U331/U466 has also cleared up the connection glitches I was seeing. The 4K Joey has been rock-solid (I know, I'm repeating myself) with no periodic pauses/dropouts on any and all channels.

Once again, a HUGE thanks to Echostar engineers and DishNetwork for getting this all sorted out!

Reactions: donebu and DWS44
Last night, I watched "SNL" via the Hopper 3 OTA module and watching on the 4K Joey with ZERO problems (not counting local political attack ads).
Isn't that why you pay for DVR service, so you don't have to watch ads? :)

Isn't that why you pay for DVR service, so you don't have to watch ads? :)
It's hard to skip "Real Time". That calls for the "Mute" button!

And actually, I was surprised to see the local ads inserted on NBC Sports and FoxSports1. I can appreciate the technology making that possible even if I'm not exactly thrilled with the results!

I see you tube added to H3,
and OTA stabilty issue resolved.
fixes in the H3 update...
But...
What is new/different in the J4K U466?
Still netflix 'available soon'.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

The conservatives were pissed that Viceland kept popping up! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the YouTube app on the DISH Hopper 3 can pass 4K resolutions to UHD TV's? Certain hardware specs have to be met for this to be enabled, and am wondering if the Hopper 3 has this capability...

Does anyone know if the YouTube app on the DISH Hopper 3 can pass 4K resolutions to UHD TV's? Certain hardware specs have to be met for this to be enabled, and am wondering if the Hopper 3 has this capability...
according to scott he says that a chip that can do 4k will not work with the hopper 3. i would try to contact youtube and talk with them about this with them.

No, the Hopper 3 hardware is not compatible with the VP9 encoding that is used by YouTube for 4K. You can still watch 4K videos via the YouTube app, but they will be shown at 1080i resolution instead.

Contacting YouTube will not accomplish anything in this regard. ;)

We also now have the Favorites guide problem with this upgrade. Only one screen is shown and can be fixed by going into the options menu to change a display option. It's also changed while I am browsing the guide! Very frustrating.

Reactions: KenSoren
On my H3 it seems that it is losing recording episodes. For instance, one time it says I have episodes 1,2,4. However, I recorded episodes 1,2,3,4. Episode 3 doesn't even show as On Demand So I watch episodes 1 + 2. At some other time I go back to the program file and it now says episodes 3 + 4 . In that case I got lucky. In other cases the lost episode never comes back. So I have to find it on the channel site online and watch the episode without being able to skip commercials. There seems to be a ghost in the machine eating episodes.

Mine has started skipping recording of shows set to record all. Such as the Today show. There are no conflicts at 7am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)