U331 Software Release for the hopper 3 dvr

I've been working 75 hour nights for the past 5 weeks, so I'm not following developments that close...

On Friday Oct 21 I came home in the morning and went to bed and turned on the TV to wind down. The 4kjoey freaked out and the system reset itself. When the system returned, all DVR recordings were erased, the two EHD were not seen and the OTA adapter was not working. This morning, having the day off, I disconnected USB connections, restarted the Hopper several times and nothing returned. I have a second OTA adapter and that works. Retried the first OTA and it does not work.

Wife not happy. I didn't know that Vanderpump Rules and other Bravo shows were so impactful! :) I stopped with the EHD for now.

The OTA scanned in nicely and got a few looong distant broadcasters (130 miles). It seems to be more stable. Performance from the Joey4k is yet to be tested.

It appears that "create a timer" is broke (again) - the only dates that are NOT grayed out in the pop-up calendar are typically the last few of any month that I select. Pretty much useless, or am i maybe missing something??

Hard to say... since there are rumors going around about a new OTA tuner then it might be possible to see some things change then.

Keep your fingers crossed. :D

I noticed you posted this, but haven't seen any follow up on it. Can you say what those rumours are about the new OTA module? Is it possible that it'll be a dual module like we had in the past with the 722's? That might be weird in a USB module, but hey, I'll take it.

I ask because I haven't seen the OTA module for sale on the Dish site recently and was looking to add one to my H3 system as my wife and I really miss the clarity of an OTA signal and being able to DVR it as well.

The previously available OTA dongle will likely never return. They produced "x" number of them and all indications are that it's done. It doesn't take 6+ months to move the design to a new manufacturer.... There are dozens, if not hundreds, of sources in China that can make it.

Reactions: Timr
This latest update also knocked out my EHD. I've tried multiple reboots (of the Hopper3 as well as the EHD) and it won't work in any of the USB ports. The sources icon is gone as well. Please get this working again....have tons of movies and shows on EHD that we can no longer access.

It's been over 3 weeks that lots of us have been waiting for a fix or even a response and nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)