U334 is now out

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Looks like it undid U332.
the one EHD has disappeared again and accessibility has disappeared from the menu.
don't know about any other changes.

yes i got it this morning too @ 6:20am i just checked i do not know any changes that it make this morning.

Received update this morning. No fix on external hard drive issue. Called tech. support and was told the problem will be solved mid January. Dish's software support is very sad.

Dish's software support is very sad

Agree. I heard from their support people on Twitter that the ETA is end of January. In any case it is a shame it takes them forever to fix the EHD issue and one has to wonder how well is their QA process.

also knocked out the youtube app from the guide where the last software release had it in the guide,

It's all about priorities. Suggests that only a tiny # of people use external hard drives to me.
Maybe so but it behooves Dish to have regression tests done to make sure new software doesn't break existing functionality. It seems they constantly fail in this regard.

Reactions: navychop
They're focused on adding features, features, features, it would appear. The reality is, a Dish receiver is a rather closed system - users are restricted in settings they can change, users can't add outside software, or add random hardware with poorly written drivers. It should be much easier to control these systems, write stable software, and so on.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That is one reason Apple computers used to be really, really stable though I've been using them for 6+ years and notice "sloppiness" creeping in over time.

They do have to deal with all sorts of outside software but on the hardware side, at least with iMacs and laptops, the only non-Apple hardware is external stuff.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

U334 arrived and I lost my EHD again. I still get a black screen trying to use YouTube. I have to restore YouTube factory defaults to get it to display. If I had run my IT Department like EchoStar, I would have been out of business very quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)