U343 -- multiple issues: can't create timers; autotune timer failed to start

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim Koenig

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
central minnesota
Our Hopper 3 (U343) had problems yesterday. The autotune timer on our bedroom's Joey 2 (that is our alarm clock) failed to start, something that never happens. Also, I was unable to create a timer on the Hopper 3. I rebooted but there was no way I could create a timer. I tried deleting several timers (I had 67) just to see if that would help. It did. Things seem back to normal. Did I reach a limit on the number of timers you can have? 67 seems low for a system with 16 tuners.

The Hopper timer limit AFAIK is 200.

There have been widespread problems just like you described and it's linked to the DISH guide data stream. They are working on it.

Our Hopper 3 (U343) had problems yesterday. The autotune timer on our bedroom's Joey 2 (that is our alarm clock) failed to start, something that never happens. Also, I was unable to create a timer on the Hopper 3. I rebooted but there was no way I could create a timer. I tried deleting several timers (I had 67) just to see if that would help. It did. Things seem back to normal. Did I reach a limit on the number of timers you can have? 67 seems low for a system with 16 tuners.
up to 199 timers has always worked fine - as soon as I try creating number 200, i get the "unable to create timer - please try again later" (or something to that effect) I believe the error number associated is #1283. I could be remembering my numbers incorrectly in that 200 is OK, 201 is not, but it's one or the other. Definitely NOT 67. That likely was a "Co-Inky-Dink" :)

Reactions: JSheridan
None of my timers nor PTAT recorded on Wednesday. When I go to schedule and look backwards, there is today, no Wednesday and then Tuesday. I had 3 non selected reboots today when trying to select a program from the guide or from the PIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)