U500 upgrade loses all recorded shows

bjanczak

Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
Indianapolis
I just went to watch some of my recording from the past week. My DVR shows 1% full where it used to be around 70%. All of my show recordings and episodes are on the DVR menu as expected, however when I go to play them the episode isn't there. I just off a chat with support and they say the HD is fine and this might be related to the U500 upgrade (mine happened automatically on 6/29) and engineering will have to get involved. In the meantime, I've lost all of my recordings! Has anyone else seen a problem like this?

Thanks!

Nice thread title.... I wonder how many H3 customers with U500 have not lost their recordings ? Add me to that list.

I just off a chat with support...

Unfortunate circumstances, but welcome to SatGuys! Did the chat agent suggest, or have you tried, a front panel reset and/or unplugging from power for a couple minutes? Was today the first time you had tried to view any recordings since the update on the 29th, or had you successfully viewed any recordings between the 29th and today?

Unfortunate circumstances, but welcome to SatGuys! Did the chat agent suggest, or have you tried, a front panel reset and/or unplugging from power for a couple minutes? Was today the first time you had tried to view any recordings since the update on the 29th, or had you successfully viewed any recordings between the 29th and today?

Did all of the above and then some. I hadn't viewed anything since the upgrade so I can only point to it as the problem.

Very similar issues with programs spontaneously disappearing (even when on the top level DVR recordings page it shows they are there, but when I go to actually play them, poof). I think they have some serious indexing issues.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Very similar issues with programs spontaneously disappearing (even when on the top level DVR recordings page it shows they are there, but when I go to actually play them, poof). I think they have some serious indexing issues.

This happens all the time, and isn't new, if the recording is still in progress. It shows in the top-level DVR list but if you go into the folder it won't be there.

This happens all the time, and isn't new, if the recording is still in progress. It shows in the top-level DVR list but if you go into the folder it won't be there.
What I am seeing is new, and it's not wrt recordings in progress, but ones that have been on the DVR for weeks. e.g. I have a folder or recordings of the "The White Princess", the top level folder shows 8 recordings, I open the folder and there are only 5 recordings there, the other three have vanished. I also see programs in the Trash that I never deleted. There are other programs that have disappeared from their folders but show up when I do a search. Clearly the index is corrupted.

Oh, a nugget to add in case anyone from Dish is trying to debug this issue (please!), in the case of the 8/5 problem, the 5 recordings that do show up were recorded on my other Hopper, and the 3 that show up after a search were the ones that were recorded on the Hopper in question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)