U527 new software on hopper 3 DVR

Good morning my friends new software on the hopper 3 DVR this morning numerous bugs fixed changes to the menu page there may be others please check thanks

Allen bluegras

Got both my Hopper 3s running with U527 now by using the Upgrade Software tool. Will check the 40.0 remote control color buttons later today.

After you selected the tool button, did you not touch the remote or Hopper 3 till completion. Takes a long time.
Nope, I sat patiently while the large warning screen with a progress gauge downloaded with a warning not to touch. It did the usual update then a small warning screen came on telling me apx. 5" to find a signal. Then it went to a station I was watching.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Wasn't it already 1080? I cannot tell if it is sharper or not. Looks the same, maybe a little clearer?

It was 720 before this update. When you look at it side by side with the old version the difference in clarity is very, very noticeable.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It was 720 before this update. When you look at it side by side with the old version the difference in clarity is very, very noticeable.

I am confused. The Hopper3 had a setting for Video Resolution. I thought that if you selected 4K, 1080p, or 1080i, that the normal resolution was 1080i except for a few VOD that was 1080p, or the 4K content on Demand or channel 540. If you selected 720p Dish output everything in 720p.

Are you saying that the output changed to 720p when viewing the guide? I don’t believe that.

I do agree that the guide does look sharper with U527 but the resolution according to my TV display was always 1080i except when watching 4K Dish content.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Tried to update with tool. Started to update, rebooted and then came back. Tried tool again, and it says "Your receiver already has the latest software installed. SWID U526

I am confused. The Hopper3 had a setting for Video Resolution. I thought that if you selected 4K, 1080p, or 1080i, that the normal resolution was 1080i except for a few VOD that was 1080p, or the 4K content on Demand or channel 540. If you selected 720p Dish output everything in 720p.

Are you saying that the output changed to 720p when viewing the guide? I don’t believe that.

I do agree that the guide does look sharper with U527 but the resolution according to my TV display was always 1080i except when watching 4K Dish content.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was told by somebody who knows at DISH that the guide was in 720 and now it's in 1080.

I see a much, much clearer display on the guide and all the menus. The DVR tiles look spectacular.

Beyond that, you can make whatever you want out of it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)