U527 new software on hopper 3 DVR

I took a before (U526) & after (U527) AM is the before. This was on my Sony TV, wish I had done it on the LG which has a better picture.

As you can see I’m using the classic appearance instead of the modern version....Wish we had more choices!
EBF9455D-7A64-4405-BE6C-455ACA4B632C.jpeg

6F138A6E-07AD-4E6E-90C6-AC125F53567B.jpeg

I fired up the World Cup I still have and what a difference! AND my TV now says HDR UHD 3840x2160/60p and the Guide is NUTZ! If only it were close to that normally. So it's official, the box can do 4K UHD HDR, so why not 4K with Netflix & YouTube?!

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!
I know the guide is insane in 4k HDR. I don't even use the Dish Youtube or Netflix apps, I use the native TV apps which are far superior.

Just updated to u527. The guide looks very sharp. Also noticed that the display didn’t blink dark then come back up like it used to immediately after turning it on.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yes! I do not miss the extra blinking when first turning on the TV in the morning.

Reactions: LQQK
Is there a way to make Hopper reboot automatically after an update. My external hard drives go to sleep after the middle of the night update. A reboot usually brings them back but a reboot is sometimes impossible to do due to something recording or someone watching TV. They tend to get pi$$ed if I reboot anyway.

Is there a way to make Hopper reboot automatically after an update. My external hard drives go to sleep after the middle of the night update. A reboot usually brings them back but a reboot is sometimes impossible to do due to something recording or someone watching TV. They tend to get pi$$ed if I reboot anyway.

Instead of rebooting your Hopper receiver power down your external hard drive. You will get a message that it is disconnected. When you power up the hard drive it should reconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: joewhite57
Instead of rebooting your Hopper receiver power down your external hard drive. You will get a message that it is disconnected. When you power up the hard drive it should reconnect.

Most times this method works for me. Takes 1-2 minutes for drive to be accessible. Recently had hopper freeze accessing EHD, soft boot and up and running.

This morning one of my Hopper 3s EHD was asleep. First I tried unplugging power chord method and still would not wake up. Next tried unplugging the USB cable at the EHD and still asleep. Never did get a message that said the EHD was disconnected. So did a remote control reboot and she then woke up. I am on U527. This issue started about three software updates ago. Wonder what's going on!

Seems to have fixed the Default Timer not keeping your settings problem. It started several updates ago when I noticed some new shows getting cut off even though I had set the default for 30 minutes late. Found it was reset to 3 minutes late every time the Hopper3 was reset (every Nite). Stayed that was for several releases but noticed it now keeps what I set it to.

Reactions: pattykay
mine says Already has the latest software............:sorry

Same thing happened to me after unsuccessfully trying to force an update the first time. When I tried doing it again right away it told me I already had the latest software even though it was still on 526. After waiting a couple of days I tried it again and this time it went through.

The guide does seem a bit clearer. I noticed that my tv though was only showing 1080i when on the guide. I figured out that it was displaying the resolution of the channel that was on, not the guide. To confirm that I switched the Hopper resolution down to 720p and all channels then showed that resolution when the guide was on. Other tv's might work differently in this regard but that's how mine and it sounds like some others work.

Reactions: SandFarmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)