U728 HWS Update

dennispap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 9, 2007
Hammond, La.
Just downloaded the U728 update for my HWS. Hopefully it fixes all ( or some ) of the problems we have been having. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: HipKat
I just tried a manual update on my H3 and it actually started scrolling, not telling me I have newest software already also I'm curious to see what happens

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just downloaded the U728 update for my HWS. Hopefully it fixes all ( or some ) of the problems we have been having. Fingers crossed.
I just tried a manual update on both of my two HWS. Both went through several different screens as if it downloaded the new software, but after finishing I checked and both are still on U727.

I just tried a manual update on both of my two HWS. Both went through several different screens as if it downloaded the new software, but after finishing I checked and both are still on U727.
Try just one Hopper at a time and make sure all the Joeys are in standby mode. Here is a guide that I made that is still fairly accurate if it helps you any.

Attachments

• 1 Software Update Sequence.pdf
    403 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Frank Jr.
Are you hearing anything about an update for the Hopper 3?
I just downloaded it, U549. dweber started a thread about it

Software U727 is for the Hopper with Sling, (HWS). Thus U728 should be for the HWS, not the Hopper 3 receiver.
Try just one Hopper at a time and make sure all the Joeys are in standby mode. Here is a guide that I made that is still fairly accurate if it helps you any.
Thanks for the help/advice, but I am reasonably familiar with how to manually check for an update with the HWS recievers. With that said however, I have never had a receiver go through all the different screens and reboots, and afterwards still have the same software update as before. If there was no update I would simply get the I have the most recent update notice.

Software U727 is for the Hopper with Sling, (HWS). Thus U728 should be for the HWS, not the Hopper 3 receiver.

Thanks for the help/advice, but I am reasonably familiar with how to manually check for an update with the HWS recievers. With that said however, I have never had a receiver go through all the different screens and reboots, and afterwards still have the same software update as before. If there was no update I would simply get the I have the most recent update notice.
I have seen that happen before. Usually because I interrupted the process some where along the line. That is why I made the sequence guide that works for both Hopper models. Try again tomorrow if you need too.

Reactions: pattykay
I have seen that happen before. Usually because I interrupted the process some where along the line. That is why I made the sequence guide that works for both Hopper models. Try again tomorrow if you need too.
Being impatient about the latest software updates has gotten me in trouble before, but I think I will try again in a few hours. LOL

That happens to me quite often. Not sure if Dish still rolls out updates in stages (so that if a problem is found it doesn't impact everyone). Usually, if I just wait a day or 2 the update downloads OK.

Does Dish list the new software upgrades somewhere to see what might be fix?
Usually someone on here tells what the fixes are so I just keep watching for the thread. I let nature take it's course and let Dish download the update. Some people just can't wait, it's like I've got to have the newest gadget first.

I just tried to upgrade using Dish's Diagnostic 'Tools'. After a while (and 3 or 4 reboots later) I got an onscreen message that said I already had the latest software for my receiver, and it listed the version that I had, U727 - 03-11-20, as the latest version for the HWS. I think I'll just wait for Dish to do it automatically.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)