U934 . . .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Perhaps. But it's notoriously normal to be weary of updates. So that's why I ask about two in such short order. So far of either H3 have not shown any new issues that could be associated with the updates. I'm just seeing the visual changes.
. . .
The bit about the Diagnostics - Tools screen losing 1 of the 6 choices (now 5):

The Backup Settings and Restore Settings buttons are gone, replaced by a Technician Settings button. Its caption says it does the same stuff with settings.

Apparently, they don't want us peons messing with this tech stuff anymore.
The interesting thing about this is that the Wally always had five choices on that screen, even while the Hoppers had six choices there. Now, with the latest software version, the Wally still has five choices there. This means that they did not make the same changes to the Wally interface that they made to the Hopper interface. The Wally still has the classic look shown in the picture earlier in the thread (minus the Restore Recordings option, obviously). So, they did not feel the need to combine those "Technician Settings" into a single tile like they did on the Hoppers. In my opinion, this will just make things more confusing for people who switch between these receiver models, since it will make these options harder to find on the new receiver instead of leaving them where people are used to seeing them.

...AND trying to record a program that timer failed to activate, I should be able just press the Record Button. But two, three thousand times!! before it will start recording. . . .
When I noticed that the DVR timer functionality was failing on my Wally, the interesting thing was that it looked like the timer was still there, but for some reason it would not fire. Even when I selected the program again in the guide to try to create a new timer, it would create another timer, but the program still would not show up in the Schedule and still would not record. Maybe this was my problem: I only tried to fix it one thousand times. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts