Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 lifecycle extended to ten years

TRG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM

Good info TRG. I have gone back and forth between Ubunto and mint for six months, but always go back to mint. Can't explain why, but just feels smother to me. I am going to wear out the 1Tb m2 in the Lenovo 910q trying to make up my mind.

Good info TRG. I have gone back and forth between Ubunto and mint for six months, but always go back to mint. Can't explain why, but just feels smother to me. I am going to wear out the 1Tb m2 in the Lenovo 910q trying to make up my mind.
I agree, Mint is more "polished" than Ubuntu. And because of that it's been my daily driver for over a decade. And since Mint is based on Ubuntu it will benefit from the extended support announced in the OP.

By the way TRG, how is the mini Lenovo working out for you? I bought a 910q with a I7 8700 and put 32 gigs of memory and a 1 Tb M2 in it. Had the stuff all ready for it so $270 bucks this thing kicks butt.

My Folding Farm is using Ubuntu 16 LTS since it seems to have fewer issues than the 18 and later versions. Good to know these will Fold on for a few more years…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts