Ubuntu on Android Tablets

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I recently bought a Nexus 10 for my sister. While looking at reviews for the Nexus 10,I saw that Ubuntu has software for Android. Has anybody ever put Ubuntu on their Android phone or tablet & what is their opinion of it? My sister isn't sold on experimenting with Ubuntu on her new Nexus.
http://www.ubuntu.com/tablet/

I recently bought a Nexus 10 for my sister. While looking at reviews for the Nexus 10,I saw that Ubuntu has software for Android. Has anybody ever put Ubuntu on their Android phone or tablet & what is their opinion of it? My sister isn't sold on experimenting with Ubuntu on her new Nexus.
http://www.ubuntu.com/tablet/

Not much help but,I do run kubuntu on my laptop,its very easy to run out of the box.The biggest issue for me was getting used to different names and icons.They constantly update it and seem to keep it running smoothly.I'm sure it would be great on a tablet.I wonder if she could run a rom of it on on an sdcard just to see if she likes it?They offer the live cds for pc.

Not much help but,I do run kubuntu on my laptop,its very easy to run out of the box.The biggest issue for me was getting used to different names and icons.They constantly update it and seem to keep it running smoothly.I'm sure it would be great on a tablet.I wonder if she could run a rom of it on on an sdcard just to see if she likes it?They offer the live cds for pc.

The system on the Nexus 10 is supposed to be a Linux system anyway. Is Android based on Linux?

Should this thread be in the "Computers & Electronic GadgetsZone?" I saw Android & thought to place it here,but this is about phones & I was asking about tablets. Could a mod please place this thread where it belongs?

The system on the Nexus 10 is supposed to be a Linux system anyway. Is Android based on Linux?

Yes it is based on linux.If I could give a test drive of ubuntu on the kindle fire I would.It would be fun to play with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)