UEFA CUP in HD?

roachxp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 13, 2005
Massachusetts
What happen to the matches for UEFA CUP in HD on WORLDSPORTHD. I thought they would do Braga-Sevillan HD this week.

Just got this from Paul:

Sadly it seems that the UEFA Cup wasn't included in the contract for this season, in the past there has been an agreement for 50 games in HD, but this year it is just for the 38 of the Primera Liga season. It's a shame, because it gave us the chance to see some different teams and different styles of football. I would however say in general the standard was not as high as the Primera Liga, but there were still some exciting games.

We were also limited slightly by geographical range - the HD lorry can only go at around 50mph for obvious reasons and with UEFA Cup on Thursday night and a possible Primera Liga clash on Saturday, for which we have to be in situ to mount cameras etc in the morning, you can see that there is an obvious limitation there. Our limit was probably Bruges to the North and North Italy to the west.

On a personal note, I am a nit disappointed, because although i HATE flying deeply, it does mean my quest to sample as many wines of Europe as possible has come to a bit of a halt...

Ah well. At least there is Valencia to look 4ward to on Sunday..
cheers PAUL

Thanks, so there will only be 1 live event now per week til CFL starts up again next year. What a waste of bandwith. They need to get move live events or just dropped the channel and merge with RushHD again.

I really wish this channel would pursue more live sporting events in HD. I would love to see Rugby, Cricket or Japanese baseball if any of those are produced in HD.