New Amazon show in production - Fallout

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Just saw this on my news feed. Might be interesting.
Instead of being book based it's based on a game. I wonder where they will go with it.

At least Amazon isn't afraid of taking a chance.

Reactions: FTA4PA and TheKrell
I am not partial to post-apocalypse movies, but I'd at least check this one out if it's on Amazon Prime for "free".

Well, the “Resident Evil” franchise did pretty well for a game-based movie franchise, so why not a game-based TV series? Isn’t “Halo” also being used for a streaming series, too?

Reactions: Derwin0
The Fallout games were great, but not sure how there is a series out of this. The main fun is the open world running around and raising hell. Seems like a bad show plot...

The Fallout games were great, but not sure how there is a series out of this. The main fun is the open world running around and raising hell. Seems like a bad show plot...
Easy enough to make a series.

It would obviously need to consist of new characters, but you could plop them down anywhere in the US. Just have ruins in the area, with an ample supply of 50's nostalgia and nuka-cola.

The story could be anything, from someone who protects a town/group of people from zombies, members of the railroad helping synths, or a brotherhood of steel squad on missions. Lots of things could be done, the key is doing something good with a good cast & story.

Maintaining the dark humor would be essential. I wonder if they'll incorporate the gore. Obviously the writing will be key. But this world is rich and the writing is top-notch. Sure, a lot of the fun of the game is wandering and the unexpected encounters. But if the main stories and many side-mission stories sucked, the game wouldn't be such a huge hit. Lots of sandbox games let you run around killing random enemies. Interesting that the creators of Westworld are behind this, especially if they tackle the Railroad storyline. (Full disclosure: I've been playing Fallout 4 for the past few months.)

Never heard of it.

I suspect they will need to appeal to folks that never heard of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts