_brugge_.gif
Brugge vs.
_roma_.gif
Roma
Make sure to set your DVR!

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

Two top sides - Brugges and Roma on Wednesday night. I always enjoy the change of scene and this should be a good one. Sit back and enjoy the show.

PAUL

Lucky you! I will have to rely on my DVR... :)

riffjim4069 said:
Good match, excellent finish...that's all I can say without giving it away.

Agreed. One criticial error did irk this Roma fan.
I normally adore the announcers when they do La Liga games, but they shook the Brugge pom poms waaay too much. FCOL, the entire 2nd half, until just after the match, they completely failed to mention Roma's obviously huge handicap. Preferring instead to talk ad nauseum about Brugge's financial disparity to Roma and how well they were doing in spite of this. Well yes, DUH.
I don't care how much you pay eleven men they will almost always outpeform fewer numbers no matter how well paid.

Amidst the Brugge boosting there was little or no mention of the fact along with Roma and Italy's best attacker (Totti), their best defender (Chivu), and first choice keeper (Doni) also sat this game out.

Still, they are a good commentary team. I just wish I could get more of the same next week. Unfortunately they will be doing the Espanyol UEFA game.

Sid did mention that Roma was down to 10 for a big chunk of the game! But you must agree, that regardless of that, Roma didn't play too well. ;)
The final score was not deserved!

I just finished watching - not a bad game! I realy enjoyed it.

Ilya said:
Sid did mention that Roma was down to 10 for a big chunk of the game! But you must agree, that regardless of that, Roma didn't play too well. ;)
The final score was not deserved!

Sid mentioned it like once after halftime... when the game was finished.
That is unacceptable. You can't assume the entire audience has been watching throughout. Someone who came to the game for the 2nd half would have never known ( due partially to how well Roma covered space w/ 10, which ironically could have been why Sid didn't remind viewers of this ESSENTIAL fact more often.) it was 10 on 11. Or that DeRossi did such a stupid thing throwing that half hearted elbow and essentially killing the game w/ an hour left to play.

As for not playing well... perhaps to a neutral observer wanting UEFA Cup fireworks, but for a Roma supporter that was a textbook way to kill an away game down a man with a road goal in hand. Plus, the 2nd Roma goal was amazing! Perotta's shot was much more diff than it looked.

Personally I thought Brugge were mostly hot air and bother w/o much quality for a team at home up a man. Not to mention the spanish kid shoved the Roma d-mid, Dacourt, off the ball to create the goal. Should have been a foul. Mexes also had a walk-in-the-box for a 1v1 w/ the keeper blown for offside. A laffer of a home team call to keep them in the game.

Very rare to see 10 man team do anything but cover space and play behind the ball (Perhaps they attack in La Liga, but those guys are insane :-D). Blame DeRossi, I'm sure the Roma coach did! Try and remember that Roma's top 3 sat out and they have won 9 in a row in Serie A and knocked arguably the world's best team, Juventus, out of the Italian Cup last week.

If Brugge played a full strength Roma 10 times, they would lose 9. Unfortunately the announcer didn't remind us that one team was short handed when he heaped praise on the desperate to equalize dutch side.

Anyway, this tifoso will now return to the woodwork and watch La Liga HD in enrapt silence. I think they do a very good job on those games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)