Ugh, I feel so dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I have to hang my head in shame at saying this......... its a rather horrible thing to say......... I'm calling a cable contractor to see about subbing a few days a week................. Oh god I feel dirty :eek:

Shame is needing some extra cash and holding your hand out for it. Pride is willing to work for it no matter where it comes from. Hold your head up Van!

You got to do what it takes sometimes to pay the bills.

I have to hang my head in shame at saying this......... its a rather horrible thing to say......... I'm calling a cable contractor to see about subbing a few days a week................. Oh god I feel dirty :eek:

I'm with everyone else on this one. It's only "dirty" if you walk away from a good paying job.

Just out of curiousity, what ever happened to finding work with one of the local retailers or satellite contractors??????

I had considered subbing for dbs installations but seeing how badly its gotten for inhouse and subs the last thing I want to do is go back to working 16 - 20 hours a day, I'm getting to old and beat up to deal with that headache anymore so I'd rather look at going into cable and not have the headache of dealing with a dish and explaining how to use a german piece of equipment to someone. One of the guys I work with also works for the company that Im going to talk to this week and he gets paid $150 for triples and $60 for singles so I figured I'd give it a try while Im studying basic electricity and electronics ontop of my current job.

The whole dirty bit was a joke at the site here as its "satelliteguys" and not "cableguys" :p and most of you know my history of working for Chucky and my passion for better quality work from subs, a few know my gripes about cable subs to so if things go well I may be working amongst the enemy. I'm actually hoping to get into a QA position :D to keep the guys on their toes.

Nothing to be assamed of, before being a SatelliteGuy I was a CableGuy, in fact I worked for the cable company for over 8 years. :D

Not to get off topic, but Fortune magazine just recently had an article about Mike Rowe and how his show is now number one for the Discovery Channel and he is one of the most sought after people on tv. He reportedly has gone from an obscure actor who worked for QVC and was fired for doing something on air with dolls, to a millionaire.
Van, you do what you have to do to survive, too many people who don't have your work ethic would be asking for a handout. Good luck.

Heck..you can just tell everyone you are operating undercover as SatelliteGuys' "man on the inside" :D

hehehe, I'll do what I gotta do. Its funny that someone should mention Mike Rowe and his show, I had considered pitching dish network installer as being a dirty job because it does get dirty. Last year I submitted what I do for walmart as a dirty job becuase it really is a dirty job and a hard one and I submitted the idea when he was still asking people to send in idea's at the end of his show or him and his people would be out of a job. Its funny how quickly his show went from teetering on the edge to being so famous but alot of it can be contributed to some of his guests who are true characters.

I had considered subbing for dbs installations but seeing how badly its gotten for inhouse and subs the last thing I want to do is go back to working 16 - 20 hours a day, I'm getting to old and beat up to deal with that headache anymore so I'd rather look at going into cable and not have the headache of dealing with a dish and explaining how to use a german piece of equipment to someone. One of the guys I work with also works for the company that Im going to talk to this week and he gets paid $150 for triples and $60 for singles so I figured I'd give it a try while Im studying basic electricity and electronics ontop of my current job.

The whole dirty bit was a joke at the site here as its "satelliteguys" and not "cableguys" :p and most of you know my history of working for Chucky and my passion for better quality work from subs, a few know my gripes about cable subs to so if things go well I may be working amongst the enemy. I'm actually hoping to get into a QA position :D to keep the guys on their toes.

Van,
Does this make you a SPY ????

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts