Uh oh.. Guess who isn't watching C-band tonight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hell just froze over.

I went outside and figured out how to adjust the limit switches. Of course in the process I took the motor all apart and spilled little gears and stuff all in the grass.. Oooopsy! :eek:

That part of it wasn't very user friendly. I did manage to get the parts put back right, I think, and set the limits within the motor itself so that even if the Gbox freaks out, the motor will stop it from really messing up badly.

I then set about getting the arc set or whatever you call this phase of alignment.
I got on Dishpointer.com and found true south. I motored the dish until it was pointing as straight up as I could get it then I loosened the dish on the pole, AFTER I marked ~everything~ with a paint pen, and pointed it as best I could to true south. Then I set my meter to Galaxy 3C at 95 which dishpointer tells me is very near true south. I moved the dish side to side until I found a signal then I carefully adjusted it until I was getting the best possible signal on that satellite.

I then pointed it to 87 AMC3 and found that without any problem. I made some very slight adjustments until I was getting the best signal quality I could and a BER of zero. I went back to 95 and checked and it was still good so I tightened it all up, doubled checked everything a second and then a third time. Then I took my wilted bones back in the house.

I'm now in the process of programming the G-box properly, for the first time and once I get that all done I'm going to put it in the line and enable the goto feature in my theater app so I can use my satellite dish properly like it was meant to be used.. :D

I am pretty frustrated though by a tree that's dead in the way of 118, I want that new channel on there and that bleepin tree is not gonna let me. :mad:

I'm going to have to have a chat with my neighbor. These stupid Chinaberry trees are garbage tree, we call them "Texas weeds". They are absolutely useless and lazy people never cut them down. Birds sit on the fence and poop the seeds, they grow up along the fence and for all those years they have a chance to take it down the easy way, they never do. Until a hurricane blows it over on your power line then it costs you $$$$$$$$$$$$ !!!!!!!!! :rant:

Something has to be done about that. I want that channel!

Anyway, I think I finally made some good progress today, this is something I've been needing to do since day one.

:)

Well my Theater does not work with motors. Period.

I put the G-box on my Coolsat 6000 and set it up for Disque 1.2
I stored positions in the G-box for several satellites. I programmed the Coolsat for those stored positions. I change channels on different C band satellites and the Coolsat operates the G-box properly as it should.

I do the same exact thing in the my theater app and it 1000% ignores that there is a motor there. :mad:

Not to mention it totally does not work at all with my USALS HH motor.

So, my theater is stupid. It does not work right.

I have to come up with the money for am Azbox, that's all there is to it.

I've reached the end of the road with this PC stupidity.. :mad:

Well Dee for what it's worth, I have the same setup as you. MyTheatre is not the problem. It runs my dishes, Vbox and SG9120. When set correctly.
I do have issues with the Hauppauge Nova and the KU motor. It's starved for power. We need to make sure the coax to the KU motor and all the connections are pristine and perfect. My other tuners have no problem running the motor under MyTheatre. When I first installed the Hauppauge it ran the KU motor fine, for awhile. I think it is supposed to work. Right now it only runs on vertical channels 18V

omg this is making me insane!

I finally got the pc to move the gbox but now I'm confused trying to assign this and that to whatever!! :confused:

Well, after eight very confusing hours I have managed to get my 10 foot dish where it follows the arc of satellites.
I programmed the G-box with positions of the satellites I was able to find (I forget how many now). I gave each satellite a position number and name.
I programmed my Coolsat 6000 to move the big dish via the G-box. When I bring up my favorites list and select a channel the dish will move to the proper satellite. :D I sure wish that G-box was a USALS, that would be sooooo awesome!

And after a LOT of frustration I finally got the theater app to do the same thing. THAT was not fun......

I found the website for the guy that wrote the app and it looks like he's in Russia. His Engrish is atrocious.. I tried to read a few of his postings and I can't decipher his severely mangled English. I gave up on that after 5 minutes. Or less.. :(

So I went back to google for help. I couldn't figure out anything there either. Then I went into "CLICK EVERYTHING" mode.
Hours wasted on that. Something I did crashed the app. No surprise, it crashes every time I try to go back and forth between the RTV S2 channels and anything else. When I restarted the app I resumed my click everything routine. All of a sudden the G-box started working! Maybe crashing and restarting the program fixed it, I don't know but it started working and I'll take that for a dollar!

So then I spent the next few hours trying to figure out how to assign positions to the app. I started getting confused and I had stuff backwards and all out of order and it was making me insane! Scan and rescan, over and over.. OMG....... What a massive pain in the backside.... :(

Well, it's not perfect but it's not too bad. It wouldn't hurt if I spent more time on it and fine tuned it a little better but for now I think I'll let it ride a few days.
I got a bunch of new channels I couldn't get before so I'll just poke around in the new stuff and figure out what's worth adding to my favorites or not.

I still want that new channel from Dallas on 118! But there's a bleepin tree in the way and somehow it's got to come down. I checked with my iPhone and that tree is blocking pretty much everything from 99w and west of that.

For the time being I've run out of steam on this. I've been putting this off since the beginning. When I first got the 10 foot dish put up I just rotated it around and found 87 right off the bat so I just left it right there like that. Not at all properly adjusted but it more or less got me by for the past few months.
I'm lazy. And it's too hot.

Well, this is a good step in the right direction now. Now if I can just get 118.
I also need to get the little HH motor working but it's going to need some help, the pc won't move it, I guess it doesn't have enough power to turn the motor from the tuner card. I have no desire to poke around inside that thing though. I'm going to take the motor and that diagram to my dad and see if he can make and sense of it. He used to fix radios and stuff when I was little. I can put blue wires to blue wires and green wires to green wires and that's about it.

I would LOVE to get the HH motor working.

I also need to figure out a way to find FSTV on 123 but that is not a matter for C-band... Nor is the HH motor..

Whew!! What a day!! :)

I also need to get the little HH motor working but it's going to need some help, the pc won't move it, I guess it doesn't have enough power to turn the motor from the tuner card.
I have no desire to poke around inside that thing though.
I'm going to take the motor and that diagram to my dad and see if he can make and sense of it.

I would LOVE to get the HH motor working.
I refer you to my comments in the tuner thread over in the PCI/USB tuner subforum for more info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.