May 23, 2005
An interesting note here for people who want to know these things:

Jaws 2 on UHD Sunday Evening at 9pm Eastern:

ACTUAL VIDEO BITRATES - NOT TSREADER TRANSPORT STREAM BITRATES:

E* 1920x1080i with Telecine Flag 9.30 Mbps
D* 1280x1080i with Telecine Flag 9.61 Mbps

E* has more resolution and more tiling and blocking during motion
D* has less resolution and less tiling and blocking during motion

Well, if you had UHD on D* and had UHD on E* you may also form an opinion. If you have both, please make a comparison and an opinion as the comparison will be clear as day.

The implications of the resolutions and bitrates stated are ONLY that D* would be better suited for FAST MOTION reproduction. NOT that D* would look better or worse or anything about color levels. Only that D* would demonstrate less tiling and blocking especialy on motion like SPORTS.

I agree with you but the tiling is very apparent on D*.... and yet the colors are very soft and dull on D*. Do not ask me why but that is the way it is as I compared both. The question now is why is this happening. Is the down resolution doing this or is there other factors at the encoding time that D* is doing that is softening the picture?

dragon002 said:
that is your opine, and others have different views.

O please UHD is possibly the one HD channel with the most problems on D*. I have never seen the promo for that channel hold together all the way through. Not one time. It has more problems than anyone can count. The only thing that looks worse is Hdnetmovies. That channel has been absolutely butchered and looks like widescreen SD if there were such a thing. My superbit movies often look better.

bgsmallwood said:
The implications of the resolutions and bitrates stated are ONLY that D* would be better suited for FAST MOTION reproduction.

I guess if you like smooth transitions of a DULL lifeless picture you are correct.

Sean Mota said:
I agree with you but the tiling is very apparent on D*.... and yet the colors are very soft and dull on D*. Do not ask me why but that is the way it is as I compared both. The question now is why is this happening. Is the down resolution doing this or is there other factors at the encoding time that D* is doing that is softening the picture?

sean,

AGAIN, you are gonna get what they can provide for at least 2006, all your incessant crying, whining and writing letters and e-mails is not gonna change ANYTHING. it is like in REAL FOOTBALL (american) A REBUILDING period. if they do it right you will love it. if not, move on.

BTW sean, how about the steelers, REAL FOOTBALL champs!

dragon002 said:
sean,

AGAIN, you are gonna get what they can provide for at least 2006, all your incessant crying, whining and writing letters and e-mails is not gonna change ANYTHING. it is like in REAL FOOTBALL (american) A REBUILDING period. if they do it right you will love it. if not, move on.

BTW sean, how about the steelers, REAL FOOTBALL champs!

No whiinning and no crying... Just some intelligent conversation of people with HDTVs and can compare results. But yet again you engage in conversation about HDTV in which you do not have any valuable input because you have no HDTV and as you put it in another thread "You don't care about HDTV". I don't care about NFL football... you can have the steelers winning every year as far as I am concerned.

sean,

i see these people that buy HD tvs EVERY DAY, i see more tvs and monitors than you can imagine. i see different set-ups every day.

honestly? the BEST ive seen,,,, pioneer elite 46 inch with the elite command center and the H-10...............stunning color saturation, the sound was excellent as pioneer always is.

dragon002 said:
sean,

i see these people that buy HD tvs EVERY DAY, i see more tvs and monitors than you can imagine. i see different set-ups every day.

honestly? the BEST ive seen,,,, pioneer elite 46 inch with the elite command center and the H-10...............stunning color saturation, the sound was excellent as pioneer always is.

Yes,
I would buy Pioneer over my Sony, IF I could afford it !!!:)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20 Autotune bug

TNT HD Commercial

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)