H20 Autotune bug

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 2, 2005
I've noticed a bug in the Autotune scheduling on the H20.

Single events scheduled using the Program Guide are fine, but recurring events appear in the task list as one day early.

For instance, I used Manual schedule to create an autotune event every Friday at 8 pm. Then I confirmed the event by viewing the Task List.... only to see a recurring event every Thursday instead!

If I cancel the event, then repeat the process using an every-Saturday event, the Task List shows every Friday.

Very strange.

Try unplugging the receiver for a few minutes from power, plug it back in, let it boot up, etc, then see if that clears it up, if not, use the "Reset Everything" in Settings menu (if the H20 has this, you may also have to go through setup again after that, and you will have to readd the autotunes (hopefully they work right this time))

This afternoon I called D* about it. They confirmed it, logged it as a new H20 bug to be fixed in an update... and gave a $5/month credit against my basic charges for the next 3 months.

I must be a terrible negotiator...have not gotten a single "credit/freebie" from D* during my entire 6 years as a customer! I spent over an hour on the phone with D* tech support reporting my autotune problem (H20 will not power on for a scheduled program). All I got was "Well, you will need to get a replacement H20 from your retailer"!? Of course, the replacement H20 has the same autotune problem!! :mad:

mcbeevee said:
I must be a terrible negotiator...have not gotten a single "credit/freebie" from D* during my entire 6 years as a customer! I spent over an hour on the phone with D* tech support reporting my autotune problem (H20 will not power on for a scheduled program). All I got was "Well, you will need to get a replacement H20 from your retailer"!? Of course, the replacement H20 has the same autotune problem!! :mad:

This may sound silly, but have you considered leaving the H20 powered-on?

I use a ReplayTV unit, which lacks the power-on code for my previous IRD (Sony SAT-HD300). So I left the HD300 powered-on all the time.

Now the Replay lacks all codes for the H20. The H20 doesn't even have an IR-blaster port. To record anything requires double-scheduling: once on the Replay unit, and an Autotune on the H20.

I'm also using a Harmony remote, which easily allows me to leave the H20 powered-on all the time.

I'm feeding the output from my H20 to a dvd recorder with a hard drive. The dvd recorder has separate power on modes for recording and for viewing. I don't expect the H20 to be this advanced, but I do expect it to have the same timer capability as a VCR! This is the only model of D* receiver that I know of that has this problem. I also have the mismatched dates in the timer list. I'm sure D* could fix these problems with a simple firmware update...maybe one of the future software updates will address this. :(

mcbeevee said:
I'm feeding the output from my H20 to a dvd recorder with a hard drive. The dvd recorder has separate power on modes for recording and for viewing. I don't expect the H20 to be this advanced, but I do expect it to have the same timer capability as a VCR! This is the only model of D* receiver that I know of that has this problem. I also have the mismatched dates in the timer list. I'm sure D* could fix these problems with a simple firmware update...maybe one of the future software updates will address this. :(

Every time they come out with a newer model, they remove some more features that the previous units offered. I have a HTL-HD receiver and it will time record great, as well as sync control my VCR, for off and on at the same time. I also have a H10 and it will only shut itself off and on, using the timer settings, and not control anything else.

lou_do said:
Every time they come out with a newer model, they remove some more features that the previous units offered. I have a HTL-HD receiver and it will time record great, as well as sync control my VCR, for off and on at the same time. I also have a H10 and it will only shut itself off and on, using the timer settings, and not control anything else.

If it is anything like an ISP, they probably got rid of all the people who had clue (as they cost too much) and are left with the reminants (those just happy to have a job, so they are cheap, hence less features/reliability/etc).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)