2-H20-100s New Experience

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well i just did a reboot to double check and reloaded the guide and this happened lol
Just started a day or two ago. When you go to check signal strength you get (picture), which locks up the boxes and you have to do a RBR (red button reset) to un-lock the boxes. It appears to be the same software version that worked ok until a couple of days ago.
Hi levibluewa Well i just did a reboot to double check and reloaded the satellite info and this happened lol
like you said everything works until you check signal and freezes,It doesn't freeze when you check OTA signal strength
There is a way to check satellite signals but be very careful I wouldn't recommend it. power down receiver unplug AC Power plug ,unscrew LNB coaxial wire from back of receiver ,Replug AC power plug to receiver it will try to get satellite info,hit menu on remote ,go to setup,sat and ant view signal strength it will be all zeros,here's the tricky part plug in coaxial lnb wire back to receiver the signal strength will show on sats.If you try this be very careful because you don't want to short out the receiver.i would only do this if i really have to.

Attachments

• 20150504_003050.jpg
    20150504_003050.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 20150504_004523.jpg
    20150504_004523.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 102
Saw a post in another forum on this. It seems to have started when the data to display the D14 (99ca) satellite was rolled out (not a software update by the way). Only affects H20s as far as we can tell. Does not affect the receivers ability to operate and receive channels, just you can't test signal strength.

I just reactivated my 2 H20-100 yesterday. Don't have any issues, yet, but I'm not going to what y'all did, maybe I will. I could always use an upgrade. I already have a Genie, these would be receiver 8 and 9 for me. The tech support lady said this was the most receivers she has seen on a residential account. :biggrin2

I just reactivated my 2 H20-100 yesterday. Don't have any issues, yet, but I'm not going to what y'all did, maybe I will. I could always use an upgrade. I already have a Genie, these would be receiver 8 and 9 for me. The tech support lady said this was the most receivers she has seen on a residential account. :biggrin2
She don't get out much then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts