Getting Really Tired Of The Resume Bug

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
My Genie(44) is still not resuming most shows from where I left off. I have to start over all the time. I have no trouble on my HR/H24. This has been going on for a while now. Hopefully there is a fix coming.

i thought i remember a topic a bit ago that pretty much summed it up if you used the stop button on the RC6X remotes, it wouldnt be a problem, but the RC7X remotes dont have a stop button which is why you're not getting the ability to resume. if you have a spare RC6X remote laying around try using that on your genie?

Reactions: ejb1980
I have the exact same issue. I have noticed that it doesn't resume with the stupid new remote but it usually will resume properly using the old remote and pressing stop.

i thought i remember a topic a bit ago that pretty much summed it up if you used the stop button on the RC6X remotes, it wouldnt be a problem, but the RC7X remotes dont have a stop button which is why you're not getting the ability to resume. if you have a spare RC6X remote laying around try using that on your genie?

Yeah... What he said!

I have an HR44 and resuming works just fine. Exit acts as the "Stop" button. I always hit "prev" on accident when fast forwarding and can go back and resume.

This also happens with the "Play Next" feature. If you let it start the next show and stop it, it doesn't pick up where you left off.

I'm using my HR44 and not having any issues with the Resume feature, just did it earlier tonight .... that said, I'm using a URC remote and not the new peanut remote from D*.
I guess it's not really New anymore, newer I guess.

yeah, I have an RC71 and RC72 and have no issues with either. my wireless mini works fine with resume using either Exit or Prev. Prev is always done on accident, but I still never have to fast forward to where I was before. I can simply resume. Only thing that I can think of for the remotes not working properly would be to reset to IR using Mute+Select 9-8-7, then reprogram back to RF using Mute+Enter.

Outside of that, I'm at a loss.

My reaction to the post was "what resume bug"?
I have an HR44/RC71 and using Exit , or Pause followed by Exit, always works for me. I tried Prev just for interest and that works also.

For me on a good day it's 50/50 usually it doesn't resume where I left off but the only option is to play from the start. If I start watching on the HR24 or H24 it always resumes. Using the Genie directly is 50/50 at best. Also it only applies to shows recorded on the HR44. If a show is recorded on the HR24 it always resumes fine.

I cannot find a way to make it resume with the RC71 remote. I tried everything mentioned here and whenever this is brought up. Works every time with RC65RX remote. It is the same receiver, too, split with HDMI splitter.

Just stop.

Another instance of "it works for me so there is no issue."
Tell us EXACTLY what you are doing. Is it with a recording from sat, on demand or a movie?
And which firmware release are you running?

Tell us EXACTLY what you are doing. Is it with a recording from sat, on demand or a movie?
And which firmware release are you running?

It is with all sources of recording. Satellite is what I use most but there is some VOD. My software is the CE from the end of July.

I have tried exit, pause, changing channels, etc. with the same results. Always works with RC65RX when you press stop like a normal person. Not once with the RC71.

On another note ....
I would like to see them get rid of the Bug that makes the Sound when you click a wrong button or too far on the screen.
I have went in to turn it off many times, turned it back on and then off just to see if that made a difference, no luck.

The BONK noise is well, annoying.

This has been going on for about 2-3 months now ... it was gone for a week and back the next.

I've been running the CE's all along, HR44 is the one I am having issues with.

Reactions: ejb1980
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts