'' UHF " Compatible Replacement Remote(s) for PVR 501

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccuser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2008
I have 5 years old PVR / DVR receiver 501. I am clinging to it because of no DVR fee. Anyway, the 501 remote has died and I have been using spare remote from VIP 722 to get by.

My problem is that I had to pull out 501 from hiding because apparently ''TV2 remote'' from 722 is not working as UHF and needs line of sight. Even though TV2 remote says UHF / IR on back of it. Here are relevant info in bullets

• UHF remote antenna is connected on back of receiver
  • After searching, original 501 is called '' Platinum Remote Control ''
  • FCC ID # on back is DKNAMTX, and PDF guide has '' 121716 '' written as header (perhaps model#?)
  • spare remote from 722 is FCC ID DKNFSK03 132578
  • I have tried changing remote address and flipping blue tab to green but it made no difference.
If possible I would like to replace remote to UHF remote that is compatible with 501. It would be very helpful If someone can list UHF compatible remote for 501

Thanks,
Regards ccuser

You need to get a Black UHF key for your 722 remote. The remote that Tony refers to will come with several different keys, including a black one.

I have one that was leftover. When my old 501 went bad . I bought 2 of them Still sealed in bag. It is a Platinum with the fcc id# DKNAMTX 7.50 shipped

get 6.3 remote, put in black chip,

if no black chip, remove chip completely, look in slot where chip go and you will see slider switch...set remote code to different code than was old platinum remote...slide switch to far right and press record while on system infomation screeen, if far right doesnt work then switch once to left and press record, repeat until remote is recongize, but should be far right.

if you have the standard 6.3 TV2 remote that came with the 722, the back side of the blue #2 chip is the black one you want. Pull it out and flip it over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)