UHF PRO 6.0 Remote Problem

jackandh2o

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
Golden Valley AZ
This remote operates our bedroom and dining room TV's. Sat box is a VIP 722 DVR. Over the last few months the remote is getting very difficult to use. Doesn't want to change channels or bring up the menu very easy. The volume control works great and I have replaced the batteries.

Would appreciate any info.

Thanks
Ray

Check the UHF antenna on the back of your 722 to see if it's loose or pointed in some funny direction. I installed a small antenna (Silver Sensor) on my 722 and aimed it at our primary viewing location. Problem solved.

I thought those had a 25-50 ft distance depending on obstructions. Could be the remote is dying and the distance is weakening. Try calling dish and have a new one sent out(they will send you a 21.1 IR/uhf pro remote.

Or, get a couple two way splitters, short pieces of cable, and do this:

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1422487681034.jpg
    1422487681034.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 168
Bought some cable and put the antenna about where it was behind the older front room tv we used to have. This remote is for the bedroom. I have to walk up to about 3 feet from the antenna to get it to work. I'm thinking ChadT41 was correct and my remote is bad. Is Dish really the best place to buy these from or are they the only place.

Thanks again

Ray

Bought some cable and put the antenna about where it was behind the older front room tv we used to have. This remote is for the bedroom. I have to walk up to about 3 feet from the antenna to get it to work. I'm thinking ChadT41 was correct and my remote is bad. Is Dish really the best place to buy these from or are they the only place.

Thanks again

Ray
Ebay has them at reasonable prices, Walmart even has them and DISH with the protection plan is very reasonable

Bobby, how do I contact DIRT?

Thank You

Ray
Go to any main forum page and look at the right side of the page. You will see Helpers Online Now. Those that are in red are DIRT members. At this moment there aren't any on but give it some time and you will see them. When you do, simply start a conversation (PM) them and tell them that your remote is flaky.

I would like to say thank you to all for your help. Thanks to Bobby I did contact DIRT and they fixed me up. I received a new remote 2 days after I contacted them. All is well in our household again.

Ray

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts