UHF PRO Remote to Control TV1?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
AJF,

You're very welcome and I'm glad I could help.

Simon/Stargazer,

What he was trying to say is this:

The 522 ships with two remote controls. The TV1 remote is IR only. No tab to be flipped, no mod that can be done. It's IR...period.

The TV2 remote is (by default) UHF but can be turned into an IR remote by flipping the little tab at the bottom (see attached pictures).

The kit that has been mentioned is simply a TV2 (UHF) remote that has a number "1" on the UHF side of its tab - versus the standard/included UHF remote that says "TV2" on the bottom.

So there really is no benefit in buying the kit. It will cost the same (if not more) as buying another TV2 UHF remote off of eBay and following my earlier instructions. And even if you could just get the TV1 tab real cheap, you would still need a UHF capable remote to put it in. Again, no benefit in that. As long as you don't mind your TV1 remote having "TV2" on it, what AJF is doing is the best way to go.

Attachments

• Dish 2.jpg
    Dish 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 155
  • Dish 3.jpg
    Dish 3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 150
Just like most everything else about E*, it is a little confusing at first. When I saw that kit, I also thought it was the tab which will convert the TV1 remote to UHF.

Anyway, I've got it straight now, glad they decided to add this feature. I have a few (TV2/UHF) remotes on the way.

Thanks again Chris.

AJF said:
Just like most everything else about E*, it is a little confusing at first. When I saw that kit, I also thought it was the tab which will convert the TV1 remote to UHF.

Yeah, I used to think that too. I was all jazzed up to get my hands on the TV1 UHF tab, but then I looked deeper into it and found out that it was basically useless. :confused:

Anyway, I'm glad that you're all straightened out. Hope you got a good deal on your extra remotes. :)

I gotcha and stand corrected. It figures. Anybody want to bet that when all is said and done it costs them more to have two different models of remote to build than to have just done one kind? It would be typical E*. :D

So, all we need is a mini-torch to melt the "2" into oblivion, and a little bottle of green model paint. :D :D

Exactly. I think it's the first IR only remote that they've made in years.

And, even if the receiver is located in the same room as the tv, it's still better to have the option to have UHF control of tuner 1; you don't have to aim directly at the unit and some many people have their equipment hidden inside a cabinet too.

I Hate to rain on your parade but what you guys are saying for the 322 WILL NOT WORK!!!!

I have a customer I installed over a month ago (a 522 & 322). I needed the UHF TV1 upgrade for both of them. I ordered #128580 for the 522 and it went perfect. The remote they shipped me for the 322 was the same remote that came with the 322 for TV2 UHF. Not the part# I ordered but they swore up and down it would work - IT DOES NOT. They shipped me another remote and it was the wrong one as well (it was for a 522).
I've done every combination of remotes to get it to work but NO - You have to use part #128579 for the 322 (which I can't seem to get a hold of for a month).

Since I had the correct kit for the 522 to begin with, it went smooth with no problem. So I can't confirm or deny the previous posts about the 522 working on a regular UHF remote for TV1. But my guess is it doesn't.
If sombody can actually say they have done this on a 522 then I'll beleive it, but it for a FACT, DOES NOT work for a 322.

Edit: We also swapped the 322 with another one at one point, so it's not the receiver.

Hi Brad,

I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm controlling TV 1 of my 322 with a UHF remote as I type this. And believe it or not, it's the TV2 UHF remote that came with the 322. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you must not have been setting the address correctly. You can go back to page one of this thread and print my instructions. Take them with you on your next 322 job and try it again just for the hell of it. Follow my instructions exactly as they're written and it is guaranteed to work. ;)

Edit: Just so you know that I'm not blowing smoke, here's a picture I just snapped as proof. Note the TV1 remote in front of the TV with no batteries in it. Note the red sat button lit up on the TV2 (UHF) remote. Note the 322 box in the lower right corner with the blue TV 2 light off and the green TV 1 light on. Note the banner that shows the TV changing from channel 5 to channel 3. Note TV 1 on a 322 being controlled with a TV2 UHF remote. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 196
Chris,

I stand corrected!!!
I hooked up a 322 in the office this morning and used a TV2 UHF remote to set it up - it worked using the exact procedure you outlined.

I know we tried all different remotes before, my only thought is the procedure in the book listed for the 522 upgrade kit is different than what your procedure is and that's why it wouldn't work. ????? I don't have the instructions with me now to compare.
Oh well, it's working now:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)