UHF Pro Remote

cruiser83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hi all,

2 part question

#1 My UHF Pro remote runs brand new batteries dead in approx. 7 days. This remote is used on TV2, and sees very little use. There is obviously an issue with the remote causing a power draw on the batteries, Any ideas how to fix or what to check for?

#2 Assuming it's not fixable, I have an old IR to UHF pro remote. I checked its remote code and it matches the remote address for TV 2 and yet it does not work. I figured because the remote is a UHF remote is should work w/ my DVR522. Can anyone verify if this UHF remote should work and pointers on how?

Thanks in advance.

1-800-333-3474 and get it replaced, it should be a free replacement as they have had many remotes with this problem. And no the old UHF remote is not the same as a UHF pro.

Thanks for the advice, I called and because it was still under warranty, a free replacement is being shipped.

It should be replaced even if it was not under factory warranty because it is a manufacturer's defect with certain UHF Pro remotes. I would also make them waive the $14.95 bogus advanced exchange shipping fee they try to charge. You can get a remote off of ebay including shipping for less than what they want for the shipping alone.

There better not be any shipping cost billed to me, I asked that specific question and was assured there would be no cost to me at all. I've learned over the years one can never be to specific when it comes to dealing w/ Dish.

Having said that, I would not be the least bit surprised to see the remote + shipping and who knows, probably a "tech support question fee" on my next bill that I will have to call and fight over.

There better not be any shipping cost billed to me, I asked that specific question and was assured there would be no cost to me at all.
Well, there you go. No sense getting wound up at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)