UHF Remote for TV1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnfw

Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
United States
Is there a way to change channels on tv1 like there is with tv2? I need to change channels on tv1 in another room. Is there a UHF remote for tv1 and if there is where do i get one?

thanks john

Is there a way to change channels on tv1 like there is with tv2? I need to change channels on tv1 in another room. Is there a UHF remote for tv1 and if there is where do i get one?

thanks john

Hi John and :welcometo Sat Guys. The answer will depend on the type of remote you have for TV1. Can you fip it over to the back and tell me what the model # is on the remote? You can also put the receiver into single mode and TV1 & TV2 will share the same picture and you will be able to control it with the TV2 UHF remote. I don't know if this will resolve your issue, so just let us know. Thanks!

Okay thanks Mary...I have a 5.3 IR. Putting the receiver in single mode is not an option...is there a remote I can buy to do this? My receiver is vip722.
John

Okay thanks Mary...I have a 5.3 IR. Putting the receiver in single mode is not an option...is there a remote I can buy to do this? My receiver is vip722.
John

Yes, you will need a 21.0 replacement remote but it will allow you set up TV1 remote as a UHF remote. Can you Pm me your account information and I see what would be involved to get you a replacement remote. Thanks!

Mary, I tried asking this in a unique thread, but was blocked for doing so, and cannot figure out why. It seems related to the initial question in this thread. Any ideas?

---------------

Hi all, first time posting here, but I've used the forums for help before and it's a great resource! I have a unique (maybe?) question related to my Dish Network remote controls accessing the receiver (VIP722).

I am splitting my HD signal to both TV1 (living room) and TV2 (bedroom) via component and hdmi, respectively, while also connecting the SD content TV2 via coax. When I want to watch the HD content on TV2, I obviously need to use remote #1 since it's the one controlling the HD content on TV1. However, when I bring remote #1 into the bedroom to try and change the channel, it doesn't seem to be able to reach the receiver back in the living room, and nothing happens. The reason that this is so confusing is that remote #2, which is controlling the SD content for TV2, clearly has to be connecting with the receiver in the living room - why won't remote 1 do the same thing?

I hope the question makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mary, I tried asking this in a unique thread, but was blocked for doing so, and cannot figure out why. It seems related to the initial question in this thread. Any ideas?

---------------

Hi all, first time posting here, but I've used the forums for help before and it's a great resource! I have a unique (maybe?) question related to my Dish Network remote controls accessing the receiver (VIP722).

I am splitting my HD signal to both TV1 (living room) and TV2 (bedroom) via component and hdmi, respectively, while also connecting the SD content TV2 via coax. When I want to watch the HD content on TV2, I obviously need to use remote #1 since it's the one controlling the HD content on TV1. However, when I bring remote #1 into the bedroom to try and change the channel, it doesn't seem to be able to reach the receiver back in the living room, and nothing happens. The reason that this is so confusing is that remote #2, which is controlling the SD content for TV2, clearly has to be connecting with the receiver in the living room - why won't remote 1 do the same thing?

I hope the question makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi and :welcometo Sat Guys! I do not know why your thread did not post, maybe one of the moderators will be able to answer that question.

The reason your TV1 remote will not work is it an IR remote. On Duo receivers, the remote #1 is an IR and TV2 remote is UHF, as the second Tv is normally not in the same room with the receiver nad will need to go through floor and walls. Can you please tell me what the model # is on your TV1 remote but most likely I will need to get you a IR/UHF remote to operate TV2 the way you want. If you want to PM me that information along with your account# or Phone#, I can tell you how best to get the remote you need. Thank you!

Same here, but I'm using two cheap and abundant UHF Pro 6.3 remotes for both TV1 and TV2.

What about the UHF Pro 10.1 uhf remote with the ir blaster? I just got one for my 211. The IR blaster sits on a bookshelf across from the 211 and I can change channels from another room.

What about the UHF Pro 10.1 uhf remote with the ir blaster? I just got one for my 211. The IR blaster sits on a bookshelf across from the 211 and I can change channels from another room.

I would recommend against that unless necessary (like in your situation). Since the 211 can't do UHF without the kit, that's why you have it. All of our dual tuner receivers can be set up to control TV1 as UHF, and would be the easiest solution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts