UHF remote with 211z receiver?

jimberkas

Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
minnesota
I recently was updated to 211z receiver and it comes with IR remote. I want to store the receiver away from the TV but that won't work with the IR remote. I read somewhere that the 211z receiver is incompatible with UHF remote. I chatted with Dish and they told me that wasn't true, that I just need to buy a UHF remote and it will work.
Before I go and buy a UHF remote, can anyone confirm or deny that this will work on my 211z receiver?

if not, any suggestions on how to control the 211z from a different room?

I recently was updated to 211z receiver and it comes with IR remote. I want to store the receiver away from the TV but that won't work with the IR remote. I read somewhere that the 211z receiver is incompatible with UHF remote. I chatted with Dish and they told me that wasn't true, that I just need to buy a UHF remote and it will work.
Before I go and buy a UHF remote, can anyone confirm or deny that this will work on my 211z receiver?

if not, any suggestions on how to control the 211z from a different room?
Did you find a UHF antenna jack on the back of your 211Z? You need to make a few more calls to DISH.

You do have alternatives a remote IR sender or there are UHF to IR adapters one of the best I have found is by Nextgen. You replace a battery in your IR remote with their adapter.

No link. Waste you money if you must.
site wouldn't let me post a link. it was a legitimate question, I think. i got the impression that the dish kit was the best solution, just no longer available.
just looking for the best solution at a reasonable price.
purchased the nextgen...
I appreciate your feedback

The dish kit is for older SD receivers(it should work on the 211 just fine) but I would go with something newer if possible, especially for the upgraded equipment. I'm trying to remember the dish kit, and I think it requires a 10.1 remote but I could be incorrect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts