Uinsg Echolink EL 700 FTA in America

Status
Please reply by conversation.

balzak007

Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
Reston, va
Hello guys, new to the forum and need some valuable info. I brought an Echolink EL 700 from France. It is pre programmed with the European satellites. Before I go out there and buy a new one, I'd like to know whether I can use this one. I have also brought a 120 cm dish. Evething is set, but when I try to point to Galaxy 19 from Reston, VA, the sat finder identifies a strong signal but I don't get anything on the receiver. How do I program the receiver for this satellite. Thanks a million!!!!

Last edited:
That's an old ALI 3329c chipset. Should be able to receive most free channels on 97w. Be sure that the LNBF skew is set to the correct angle before trying to scan for channels.

The receiver can't identify Galaxy 19 because it isn't preprogrammed with an active transponder. If you need to find the satellite, enter a new TP of an active transponder on Galaxy 19. An example would be Frequency: 12177, polarity: Vertical, Symbol Rate: 23000.

Go into the install menu and either create a new satellite or use an existing satellite. It really doesn't matter if the name is correct. Once you locate G19, find the auto scan or blind scan menu item and press OK. If you are on the right satellite, it should log the correct transponder frequencies and scan in the channels.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. The receiver doesnt have a blind scan. I selected the TP like you said. The beeping didn't stop, but the signal on the receiver remain unchanged .

- - - The beeping didn't stop
Not familiar with that receiver, so is this some feature of the receiver?? Better description may be helpful; Quality is the meter to watch.
Receiver should have 2 meters, Signal and Quality. Quality will register if you have selected an active transponder, and are aimed at the satellite with that transponder.
Along with the active transponder the receiver also hast to have the L.O. of the LNBF entered correctly. (is there a label on the LNBF?)
Those sat finders, "identifies a strong signal", but that doesn't mean you're aimed at the satellite you want.
Once you get Quality, do a transponder scan.

you might be able to get by if the receiver has a network scan feature that works.
Select a globecast transponder and do a network scan.

Sorry...the beeping was not from the receiver but from the sat finder.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Would make it possible to find out what satellite it's at with a blind scan. Without that, May have to program transponders from satellites 'in the area' of the one that you're looking for. See which one gives a quality reading, giving you your 'bearings, and adjust from there.

I would hit some euro forums to see if they have a sat/channel editor for that model.
It would make it easier if you had to do a tp list from scratch.

Guys,
I'm frustrated and stuck. I bought a new Dreambox 100. I set everything-up. I even changed the LNB to a brand new Twin one. I get a 98% signal but 0 quality. Actually the quality barely change even I move the dish. Don't know what to do anymore. Can anyone guide me!!! pls.

98% means you are electrically connected to the LNB, 0% Quality means you are either not aimed at a satellite or if aimed at a satellite the Transponder is wrong, or the LNB LO set up is set wrong, or the skew is way off. Set the LO in your receiver to match your new LNB ie "standard" = 10750; "universal" = 9750/10600. Your skew for 97w(G19) is about 23 degrees to the left (counter clockwise) as you face the dish.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)