Ummmmm...

Congrats Dish 500 means you have the standard (no longer just 119) WA standard definition install.

Cool. How do they decide which arc to put you on? Just curious. I'm in an eastern state, so I just figured I'd be on the eastern arc.

The degree symbol on a PC ---Press and hold the ALT key while at the same time press the 248 on the number key pad (not the numbers above the letters)

ALT+248 = °
ALT+0176 also =°
Not to be confused with ALT+0186 = º (°º)
On a mac press and hold the ALT key while pressing the number zero on the numbers above the letters (not the key pad on the side).

This is not to be confused with

Sounds like just manually typing out "degrees" is simpler. :)

The degree symbol on a PC ---Press and hold the ALT key while at the same time press the 248 on the number key pad (not the numbers above the letters)

ALT+248 = °
ALT+0176 also =°
Not to be confused with ALT+0186 = º (°º)
On a mac press and hold the ALT key while pressing the number zero on the numbers above the letters (not the key pad on the side).

This is not to be confused with

Yeah, well I'll bet you can't Triforce.

?
? ?

You guys are hilarious! (Degree symbol 4 button presses--- spelling out the word degrees = 8 button presses including the space bar.
Well, not really funny for a touch typist. We can type "degrees" very quickly with our eyes closed and one hand tied behind our back.;) Doing the alt number-pad ploy is nice, but it does not exactly spring to mind. So you stop, look it up (probably typing "degrees" anyway) and then hunt and peck. I hate hunting and pecking!

Last edited:
Well, not really funny for a touch typist. We can type "degrees" very quickly with our eyes closed and one hand tied behind our back.;) Doing the alt number-pad ploy is nice, but it does not exactly spring to mind. So you stop, look it up (probably typing "degrees" anyway) and then hunt and peck. I hate hunting and pecking!

Better be the right had. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts