Unable to access Dish Interactive on 942???

davej

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
This may be an easy question....but I can't, for the life of me, figure it out.

Whenever I try to access 'Dish Home' or 'Customer Support' from the menu button on the remote....or when I press the 'Dish Interactive' button on the remote, I get 'DISH Home Interactive TV is in use on the other TV. Please try again later.'. So I hooked up a 2nd tv and tried to access 'Dish Home', etc, I get the same message...that Dish Interactive is in use on the other TV.

So no matter which TV I use, I get the same error. Any suggestions? I even tried 'Restore to Factory Defaults', but it didn't help.

Thanks for your help!

Davidj.

P.S. Channel 100 gives the same problems.

Try a power button reboot; hold power button on the receiver down for like 5 seconds until the receiver resets. If that doesn't work then unplug the receiver for a minute and then plug it back in and it will reset. It wouldn't hurt to do a switch check also to see if there are any problems with your configuration. If all else fails call 1-800-333-DISH and speak to the Tech department ( push #3 after they confirm your number) not the csrs. They are clueless about tech issues.

Welcome to the club, mine does it to, after the last software download. I think they have a software bug which I will make them aware of. Bob

I did try the 'power down' and 'unplug' techniques...didn't help. Seems to be software bug?? ....if so, I hope a fix comes out soon.

dj.