Unable to access Live TV or DVR recordings via DISH Online

johnissoevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Erie, PA
For the past few days, I've been unable to access Live TV or DVR recordings via DISH Online. I'm still able to access the features through the app on my Android. I get a message saying "Your computer was able to connect to your device, but the connection was interrupted. (Error 36) Please try connecting again." TV 2 ends up being turned on instead. Is anyone else having this problem, or any idea what could be causing it? I've had my receiver connected to the same router since May 2011, and the router itself is working fine.

For the past few days, I've been unable to access Live TV or DVR recordings via DISH Online. I'm still able to access the features through the app on my Android. I get a message saying "Your computer was able to connect to your device, but the connection was interrupted. (Error 36) Please try connecting again." TV 2 ends up being turned on instead. Is anyone else having this problem, or any idea what could be causing it? I've had my receiver connected to the same router since May 2011, and the router itself is working fine.

I am to, try resetting modem and router.

You could also try resetting the receiver itself. I was going to ask if the sling adapter had the light on but you did say your android works fine, just the online side is giving you problems. Is the computer hard lined or running over WiFi? also (probably a long shot) have you cleaned your cooking and temp internet files out? I had an issue just streaming from DISH online a couple weeks ago, after I cleaned them out it was working.

I did reset the receiver. The light on the Sling adapter is on. Got my laptop running over WiFi. I'll try cleaning out the temp internet files.

I'm not quite clear as to what is happening here.

You say when you attempt to watch live TV through your Sling device, it turns on TV2 - do you mean you see TV2 on your PC or whatever device you are trying to connect to the Sling device or do you mean that your remote TV that is connected to TV2 shows TV2 programming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts