Unable to connect to Echostar 119 Satellite

BrokenGods

Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Receiver: Dish DP301
Satellite Dish: Dish 500

Problem:

Our receiver has 2 outputs, one labelled 110 degrees and the other labelled 119 degrees. Using either output on the dish, when hooking up to our receiver, the receiver is able to only receive Echostar 110. We are unable to force the receiver to get a signal on 119. Is there something we did wrong in our setup or do we require additional equipment? Any help is appreciated.

When you say your receiver has two outputs and that you ahve a DP301 are you really referring to the lnbf that you have on your Dish500 in that it has two outputs? Did you do a check switch? You can do that by pressing >MENU >6 >1 >1 Then in the Point Dish Signal Strength screen you go to CHECK SWITCH.

Sorry, correction, I meant to say the satellite dish has 2 outputs, 1 marked 110 degrees and 1 marked 119 degrees. I currently have 1 cable connected to the 119 degree output and plugged directly into the receiver. The Receiver states connection to 110 West only. If the set the receiver to 119, it says "wrong sat, connected to 110west".

I used the "check switch" but it only detected a connection to 110 west. I am assuming that the problem lies with pointing the dish towards 119 instead of 110. Unfortunately, the receiver gives identical information for the sat locations.

Let's assume you have a "Twin" LNBF. That is, one unit with a wide housing and two "eyes".

Note that the 110/119 designations are ONLY used during aiming - after that either cable will send either signal.

You are correct in using the 119 side for initial aim, and what you are seeing is that the 119 "eye" is pointing at 110. You're 9 degrees off.

I would guess the same thing. If you havent done a check switch yet and the switch matrix is clear (does not show anything on the check switch summary screen) then you connect the coax to the 119 side to tune that in. If you hook it up to the 110 side you could result in getting 119 off of the 110 side causing you this confusion. I have done this myself in the past and its very easy to do.

Ok guys any comments about this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys any comments about this,
Helping a friend installing his dish for dishnet... We did the dish installation but the ird won't ( 2700 ) get the even transporders,and I was running multiswitch was telling me multi... unknown. I did try a 301-10 and like magic was working great,When I ran multi... is just running to 1 and 2 and that it.But I am getting all channels. On the switch results are,
LNB,P-twin
Input 1 2
Sat 119 110
Polarity all all
Device Twin Twin

But when I go back with 2700 the same problem back again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts